PLEASE PLEASE HELP WITH C64S!!!

Post by Papakura D » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I can't get my keyboard to work properly with C64S Shareware.
Pirates! only recognises the space key which moves the intro screen but
won't recognise the keyboard cursors or any keys which I map CONFIG to.
Most other games won't work either and C64S says it can't recalibrate
my Qtronix GamePad.
And what do you do when you have, eg ULTIMA4.D64 ULTIMA4-2.D64 and
after the create character it says 'insert disk 2 and press F1'???
PLEASE help me, I'm desperate!
Thanks in advance
RBP

PLEASE PLEASE HELP WITH C64S!!!

Post by Andre » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I can't get my keyboard to work properly with C64S Shareware.
> Pirates! only recognises the space key which moves the intro screen but
> won't recognise the keyboard cursors or any keys which I map CONFIG to.
> Most other games won't work either and C64S says it can't recalibrate
> my Qtronix GamePad.
> And what do you do when you have, eg ULTIMA4.D64 ULTIMA4-2.D64 and
> after the create character it says 'insert disk 2 and press F1'???
> PLEASE help me, I'm desperate!
> Thanks in advance
> RBP

This disk part is easy.  Press [F9] to go back to the "disk image" you are
using.  (think of it as looking in the disk drive).  Now, press your left
arrow key to get out of that disk.  Select the required disk (eg Ultima4-2)
and press enter.  That is now the selected disk, ie C64s thinks its in the
diskdrive.  Press [ESC] to return to the C64 screen, and do whatever the
game wants (in this case, press [F1]).

The keyboarding part I'm not sure I understand.  Do you know that you can
redefine which keys move you around by going into [F10].  If, for example,
you have

                            a    s
mapped as controlling joystick directions, then the arrow keys won't work
because they aren't mapped for it.

Perhaps you can explain in more detail?