MathEngine

Post by Simon Nothei » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:56:44

Does anyone know MathEngine and can anyone tell me why their website is
down since weeks?

SN

MathEngine

Post by ano » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:40:18

> Does anyone know MathEngine and can anyone tell me why their website is
> down since weeks?

Criterion (www.csl.com / www.renderware.com) bought all of
MathEngine's IP, effectively forcing the company to shut down
operations and fire all its employees. There's a press release on
Criterion's site which gives a remarkably upbeat account of the
situation, implying that this was their plan all along. Hmm. Bitter?
Me? :) I'll be interested to see how long it takes them to release
RenderWare Physics without the core developers, though.

MathEngine

Post by Simon Nothei » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:39:27

> Criterion (www.csl.com / www.renderware.com) bought all of
> MathEngine's IP, effectively forcing the company to shut down
> operations and fire all its employees.

that's not the kind of news I was looking forward to... ;-(
does anyone know a good (free) alternative for rigid body simulations
written in java, easy integrable in the java 3d api, if possible?

1. Including files *once* (mathengine)

Hello

Does anyone know of a method to ensure that a file is included only once in
a project? For those who want more specific information the problem is with
the mathengine collision toolkit that requires an init header file to be
included in one file only. Failure to do so causes linker errors as some
init functions are #defined in the header file.

I tried #defining my own symbols and #ifndef 'ing these but it didn't work.
Neither did #ifndef 'ing the defines that causes the problem. (Am I making
any sense here? ....terrible looking sentece....) As I was pretty sure one
of those solutions would work I'm not really sure the problem is exactly
what I said it was earlier, but any help will be greatly appreciated

I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP4 on an NT 4.0 system. If this is more of a VC++
specific question I apologize for posting it here and instead ask for
pointers to the right newsgroup

- ?yvind (unpronouncable norwegian name)

2. ULTIMATE TOASTER4000/A4000 Prod Sys 4 SALE!!

3. Havok vs MathEngine

4. Mannesmann Tally MT 904 Plus Laser Printer - Faded edges

5. Mathengine seeks programmers and artists

6. reverse delegations

7. MathEngine

8. Car game?