NAME THAT GAME

Post by ncc38 » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:46:42

Okay, I'm thinking of an old C64 game that I used to play. It looked a
lot like Bump N' Jump (overhead cheesy car game) but you had people
trying to cross the street and you got points for running over them with
your car. Any ideas? :D

--
ncc386
Web Administration

NAME THAT GAME

Post by Jeremy Sierack » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:57:06

Ack, can't seem to remember the name of the game
that this reminded me of,

All I can remember is that if you ran over people
you got "horns" and if you missed people you got "halos"

Is this the same game?

Jeremy

NAME THAT GAME

Post by digm » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:25:02

> Okay, I'm thinking of an old C64 game that I used to play. It looked a
> lot like Bump N' Jump (overhead cheesy car game) but you had people
> trying to cross the street and you got points for running over them with
> your car. Any ideas? :D

This would be "Speed Racer" (no apparent connection with the cartoon of
the same name), copyright Chris Warling, 1983.

You collect three types of points:  Racer points for miles traveled,
Heavenly points (Halos) for people you don't kill, and Devilish points
(Horns) for people you run over.

Grannies with canes, tykes in wagons, businessmen, dogs... all trying
to cross the road.  Whether they succeed or not is UP TO YOU.
(xref w/Rambo)

NAME THAT GAME

Post by ncc38 » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:09:10

Quote:> This would be "Speed Racer" (no apparent connection with the cartoon of
> the same name), copyright Chris Warling, 1983.

> You collect three types of points:  Racer points for miles traveled,
> Heavenly points (Halos) for people you don't kill, and Devilish points
> (Horns) for people you run over.

> Grannies with canes, tykes in wagons, businessmen, dogs... all trying
> to cross the road.  Whether they succeed or not is UP TO YOU.
> (xref w/Rambo)

You ARE the man! That is correct! You win... A BRAND NEW CAR!!! *canned
applause* Thank you!!! :D

NAME THAT GAME

Post by Michael Klei » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 01:02:31

> Okay, I'm thinking of an old C64 game that I used to play. It looked a
> lot like Bump N' Jump (overhead cheesy car game) but you had people
> trying to cross the street and you got points for running over them with
> your car. Any ideas? :D

Speed Racer.

--
Michael