IJCS Special Issue Postponed

Post by Christopher D Carothe » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

        Due to circumstances beyond our control, the International
Journal of Computer Simulation (IJCS), has lost it publisher. The
editor, Dr. George Zobrist, is attempting to find a new publisher and
is optimistic he will be successful, but there are no guarantees.
Because of this uncertainty, I have decided to postpone the upcoming
special issue on Parallel and Distributed Simulation Systems until
this situation is resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience this
may have caused prospective authors. When Dr. Zobrist has secured a
new publisher, we plan to re-schedule this special issue.

        As near term alternative, I would like to draw your attention
to the upcoming ACM TOMACS Special Issue on Simulation of Scalable
Systems. This special issue includes Parallel and Distributed
Simulation as a topic of interest. However, I recommend you consult
the Call For Papers at http://www.acm.org/tomacs/scalcall.html or

determine if your submission is suitable for this special issue.

                Sincerely,

                Chris Carothers,
                IJCS Guest Editor

--
Christopher D Carothers
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!cc!chrisc

1. IJCS Special Issue on Modeling and Simulation of Routing Protocols

Pradip K Srimani                 Voice: (970) 491-7097

Colorado State University        Fax: (970) 491-2466
Ft. Collins, CO 80523            Secretary: (970) 491-5862

For a Postscript version, Please check the URL
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~srimani/call-ijcs.ps.Z

                  CALL FOR PAPERS

                 Special Issue of

     INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER SIMULATION

                       on

        Modeling and Simulation of Routing
          Protocols in Computer Networks

Due to fundamental physical limitations on processing speeds
of sequential computers, the future-generation high performance
computing environment will eventually rely entirely on exploiting
the inherent parallelism in problems and implementing their
solutions on parallel machines. Networks and their performance
become an integral part of high performance computing in
general. Although most of the real life parallel machines use
either mesh or hypercube connections, in the recent years a
number of other networks have been proposed that seem to be
attractive alternatives. On the other hand, although  most of the
machines use circuit switching to route messages, recent
advancement in routing protocols (wormhole routing, deflection,
randomized and hybrid etc) need be properly investigated and
studied to make the right choice for a network. Simulation is the
way to study various aspects of all these different protocols when
implemented on different networks -- congestion, fault
tolerance, latency, communication bandwidth to name a very few.
The purpose of this special issue is to focus on the design,
simulation and analysis of all aspects of all kinds of routing
protocols to be used in network architectures.

Papers should emphasize new original contributions of either
theoretical or experimental nature. Papers must be
written in IJCS style.  Please submit five copies of your
manuscript to  the guest editor by December 15, 1996: Pradip
K. Srimani, Department of Computer Science, Colorado State
University, Ft. Collins, CO 80523, Tel: (970) 491-7097,

Instructions for submitting papers: Papers should
not exceed 30 double spaced pages including figures, tables
etc.  Papers should not have been previously published,
nor currently submitted elsewhere for publication. Papers
should include a title page containing
title, authors' names and affiliations, postal and email
addresses, telephone numbers and Fax numbers. Papers should
include a 300-word abstract. [Note: If you are willing
to review papers for this special issue, please send a note
with research interest to the guest editor.]

Publishers: Ablex Publishing Corporation, 355 Chestnut
            Street, Norwood, New Jersey 07648.

2. Image problem with Pocket PC

3. Postponement of IJCS Special Issue on Parallel and Distributed Simulation Systems

4. Password histories

5. Art and all that Jazz: yesterday, oranges sow beside easy bathrooms, unless they're proud

6. IJCS Special Issue

7. Keith Ellsworth - read this.

8. IJCS Special issue

9. IEEE JSAC special issue Synchronization Issues in MM Communications

10. CFP -- SCS Joint Special-Issue on Parallel and Distributed Simulation.

11. Web Engineering -- Special Issue CFP