detecting bursty error on a communication channel with random noise

detecting bursty error on a communication channel with random noise

Post by Porky Pig » Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:30:34

Hello,

I'm analyzing communication channel for the subsequent modeling and
simulation. My background is mostly datacom, practically no experience
in signal processing, yet it appears that some signal processing
technique may solve the problem.

The problem is that there is some random noise on a channel, or if you
wish, errors arrive at some random time (interarrival times are
checked for randomness and seems like they are sufficiently random).
However every once in a while, the same channel also experiencing
bursty errors. During those bursty errors, error rate may start
decreasing fairly slowly, then reaches some peak and either slowly
fades away or abruptly terminates.

I'm looking for some way to separate bursty errors from random noise,
with some degree of confidence. Some kind of adaptive filter, sort of.
Would appreciate any suggestion.

The data are represented as a stream of bits 0 (bit got transmitted
uncorrupted) and 1 (bit got flipped during transmission).
'Interarrival time' is a length of 0-string.

TIA.

1. Simulation of Wireless Communication Channels

Hello,

  I am looking for information on how to build a simulation of a
wireless communication channel. Does anyone know where to find such
information as:-

 1) Published material, detailed accounts of producing a statistical (or
otherwise) models for a communication channel, such as Rayleigh fading
and multipath models etc.

 2) Source code, such as C, or C++ files that give flexability of
changing key parameters such as Signal-to-Noise ratios, fade rates etc.

 3) General ideas, on the possibility of modelling modulated information
in baseband, or wideband? Such as using complex representations or
sampled systems etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

     George

2. Script to create a folder with today's date

3. digital communications channels

4. setting/adjusting system time in kernel

5. Mame32 Error and MameDos error

6. Why does this IIsi take so long to start?

7. CSIM EXECUTION ERROR 43 (HPPA Error)

8. Bandwidth requirements

9. C64 emu detect. assigned numbers?

10. C64S can't detect soundcard

11. Tested (was: noise sounds on C64 Emulators)

12. Noise sounds on C64 emulators

13. Sound blaster not detected with C64s