Windows 98

Post by forev » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:40:19

Does anyone know how I can emulate Windows 98 or even better emulation
of ports through Windows 98?

I recently bought a * that Windows XP fails to work with, the
* works through the parl port. (Creative * 2).  I have been
told that it works find in Windows 98 and that recognises it.

Can anyone give some advice?.  I would prefer if there was a way of
emulating ports that Windows 98 does, rather than go the full hog on a
Windows 98 install.

Thanks

Windows 98

Post by td » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:35:41

Quote:> Does anyone know how I can emulate Windows 98 or even better emulation
> of ports through Windows 98?

> I recently bought a * that Windows XP fails to work with, the
> * works through the parl port. (Creative * 2).  I have been
> told that it works find in Windows 98 and that recognises it.

> Can anyone give some advice?.  I would prefer if there was a way of
> emulating ports that Windows 98 does, rather than go the full hog on a
> Windows 98 install.

> Thanks

I tried to use Connetix Virtual PC to use my old scanner under XP.

XP didn't see it and there were no XP drivers available.  XP didn't report
any errors, but when I wanted to use photoshop to Acquire Image, the Twain
Module I would use was not listed.

I made a Win 95 virtual pc installation with Virtual PC, but when you wanted
to use the scanner the twain module reported that the scanner couldn't be
found.

You could try this, but I think Virtual PC relies upon Xp's handling of the
ports etc. (I am unsure though)

There is a emulator called Bochs that might do it...

I haven't used it myself, but I did look into it to solve my problem.  It
takes a bit more time to set up!  You'll see!  ;o)

Good Luck

Windows 98

Post by Lim » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:58:21

Quote:> Does anyone know how I can emulate Windows 98 or even better emulation
> of ports through Windows 98?

> I recently bought a * that Windows XP fails to work with, the
> * works through the parl port. (Creative * 2).  I have been
> told that it works find in Windows 98 and that recognises it.

> Can anyone give some advice?.  I would prefer if there was a way of
> emulating ports that Windows 98 does, rather than go the full hog on a
> Windows 98 install.

> Thanks

You can use program VMWare. It costs as far as I remember ~2000$... :-)
Or use cracked version :-)

--
WBR, Lim

Windows 98

Post by Andre Kostu » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:27:10

kpi.kiev.ua:

Quote:>> Does anyone know how I can emulate Windows 98 or even better emulation
>> of ports through Windows 98?

>> I recently bought a * that Windows XP fails to work with, the
>> * works through the parl port. (Creative * 2).  I have been
>> told that it works find in Windows 98 and that recognises it.

>> Can anyone give some advice?.  I would prefer if there was a way of
>> emulating ports that Windows 98 does, rather than go the full hog on a
>> Windows 98 install.

>> Thanks

> You can use program VMWare. It costs as far as I remember ~2000$... :-)
> Or use cracked version :-)

Which version of VMware are you looking at?  Workstation is 299 USD....

Windows 98

Post by Lim » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:32:55

Quote:> Which version of VMware are you looking at?  Workstation is 299 USD....

May be server... ;-)
But I use cracked version of workstation 3.1.1.1790.

--
WBR, Lim
... : ,

Windows 98

Post by Al Hartma » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:22:46

*s are like $20.00 for a USB * that works with Windows XP...
Why would you waste time trying to get an older one to work?

It's probably MUCH slower than a newer one, and MUCH lower quality...

Al