SIMULATION DIGEST V8 N4

Post by Moderator: Paul Fishwi » Mon, 02 Apr 1990 16:22:00

Volume: 8, Issue: 4, Thu Apr  6 11:22:10 EDT 1989

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) Petri Net Analysis Tools
(2) Blackboard Architectures in Simulation

* Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida

* Archives available via FTP to bikini.cis.ufl.edu, login as
  'anonymous', use your last name as the password, change
  directory to pub/simdigest.

Newsgroups: comp.software-eng,comp.protocols.misc,comp.simulation
Subject: Looking for Petri net and/or Precedence Graph modeling s/w
Date: 31 Mar 89 21:37:23 GMT

I'm looking for a 'toolkit' which would assist me in modeling software
task systems and validating protocols using Petri nets and/or precedence
graphs.

I've not seen any mention of Petri net analysis/design tools in the
CASE literature I've read.  Can anyone direct me to a source?

Performance and failure analysis support and graphical presentation
of precedence graphs & nets is desirable.

Thanks for any information.

Don Totten
...rochester!cci632!djt

------------------------------

Mmdf-Warning:  Unable to confirm address in preceding line at RELAY.CS.NET
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 89 10:29:20 EST

Source-Info:  From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Dr. Fishwick,

I shall appreciate it if you could post this on the comp.simulation
group for me. Would also appreciate any suggestions that you might have.

Jayant.
======================Cut Here===================================

Subject : References for blackboard architectures and AI approaches
                to simulation.

I am interested in the area of distributed simulation, especially
on blackboard architectures and AI approaches to simulation.
I would like to have as many references in this area as is
possible - both of technical papers and development tools.
Please email responses. I shall be glad to post a summary.

Thanks in advance,

Jayant.

| END OF SIMULATION DIGEST |