Looking for working image of Legend of Blacksilver Disk 4

Looking for working image of Legend of Blacksilver Disk 4

Post by M Gagno » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

So far I found two different versions of LoB on the net.  One is from
www.c64.com, the other from somewhere else.  The latter was a zip of 4 zips,
the actual file names being kob#.d64.  Neither version has a good (to the
game) copy of disk 4.  Since the temples require it, I get stuck pretty
early on in the game. (although you can still get decent equipment if you
are patient enough)

Please let me know if a known good image is available somewhere.  You can

Thanks in advance,
Mike Gagnon

Looking for working image of Legend of Blacksilver Disk 4

Post by Forres » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I Have a good copy of the game on my website.  Its on the ESI page.

later
Forrest
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~femook/c64.html

> So far I found two different versions of LoB on the net.  One is from
> www.c64.com, the other from somewhere else.  The latter was a zip of 4 zips,
> the actual file names being kob#.d64.  Neither version has a good (to the
> game) copy of disk 4.  Since the temples require it, I get stuck pretty
> early on in the game. (although you can still get decent equipment if you
> are patient enough)

> Please let me know if a known good image is available somewhere.  You can

> Thanks in advance,
> Mike Gagnon

Looking for working image of Legend of Blacksilver Disk 4

Post by Chris Li » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>So far I found two different versions of LoB on the net.  One is from
>www.c64.com, the other from somewhere else.  The latter was a zip of 4 zips,
>the actual file names being kob#.d64.  Neither version has a good (to the
>game) copy of disk 4.  Since the temples require it, I get stuck pretty

Since you're talking about LoB, did you check the full demonstration
in both games, and did it work with either of them?

I'm just asking since I never bothered to play the game as long as
even the demo ended up with a flickering screen (and thus cannot
answer your actual question, either :-( ...). Or has anybody tried to
run this demonstration mode on the real machine and could confirm that
it's just the emulators (which would be strange, since ALL emulators
that are able to run the game show this behaviour).

Greets,
                Chris.

Looking for working image of Legend of Blacksilver Disk 4

Post by Chris Li » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi, Forrest,

Quote:>I Have a good copy of the game on my website.  Its on the ESI page.

I don't believe it - you certainly have! This is the FIRST version of
Legend of Blacksilver I found in almost five years that really ran
through the complete demo without crashing! Man, I owe you one for
this.

Greets,
                 Chris.

1. Legend of Blacksilver Disk 3

I cannot get disk 3 of Legend of Blacksilver to work.  Either on C64S
or on my C-128.  Has anyone had any problems with the copy from the high
voltage CD rom?

2. FAQ - index

3. Looking for Legend of Blacksilver...

4. Trap in kernel

5. "Legend of Blacksilver" docs?

6. Please suggest a sound card.

7. Legend of Blacksilver

8. Wanted : 1080 RGB

9. Help in running Legend of Blacksilver

10. Legend of Blacksilver

11. RPG's: Dealthlord and Legend of Blacksilver

12. Legend Of Blacksilver