.WAV to .TAP conversion: how can I do?

Post by Komy » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:16:00

Hi everybody,
I need to cenvert my collection of original games from tape to .TAP
format.
A friend tells me what there is a DOS program which can create a .TAP
file from a .WAV file.
Anyone does have major info about this?
Any info or suggestion would be appreciated.
Tnx!!!

   Komyx

.WAV to .TAP conversion: how can I do?

Post by Christian Lin » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:24:40

"Komyx",

>I need to cenvert my collection of original games from tape to .TAP
>format.
>A friend tells me what there is a DOS program which can create a .TAP
>file from a .WAV file.
>Anyone does have major info about this?
>Any info or suggestion would be appreciated.

All it takes is probably this:

http://www.google.de/search?q=convert+wav+to+tap&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl...

Use the first link.

Internet can be so easy...

Chris

.WAV to .TAP conversion: how can I do?

Post by Komy » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:23:39

Quote:> All it takes is probably this:
> http://www.google.de/search?q=convert+wav+to+tap&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl...
> Use the first link.

Thanks Chris. :-)
I've tried to joined Tape64, which seems the prg for me.
But, I've returned a DOS error:

Load error: no DPMI

What is it?
I don't know DOS and the same error I've had with GO32-V2 and the latest
PUCRUNCH.EXE.
They are the first experiments for me, who work daily on Mac OS platform.
Bye!!!

   Komyx

.WAV to .TAP conversion: how can I do?

Post by Burt » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:39:08

Hi,
I dumped the few tapes i had using:
http://arnold.c64.org/~minstrel/
the info there...
forget the wave to tap nonsense...

--
   ___
  / __|__   Burt /Terminator                / /

Post by Christian Lin » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:33:32

>I've tried to joined Tape64, which seems the prg for me.

JOIN?!?

Well, never mind, probably just a misunderstanding?!?

Quote:>But, I've returned a DOS error:
>Load error: no DPMI

>What is it?

Hehe: "No DPMI". Didn't it say exactly this :-) ?

Many DOS programs need a DPMI extender for accessing memory. No DPMI
driver, no RAM. I wouldn't believe I'd suggest this some day, but if
you start the same program in a Windows DOS-Box, the error shouldn't
occur anymore (at least not with the standard DOS box settings, I
think).

If you prefer to stay under plain DOS (which is a *good* idea,
anyway), you can get DPMI services by installing a memory manager like
QEMM (QDPMI) or get the CWSDPMI package from the net (do a google
search - it's around everywhere). I'm not really sure, but I think
even installing the original EMM386 driver should provide you with
DPMI services.

Quote:>They are the first experiments for me, who work daily on Mac OS platform.

Ah, so "I've never used DOS" doesn't necessarily mean you _were_
trying it under Windows' DOS box before. That's good. Because it means
this is still an option (if you have Win 9X installed on that
machine). Try it. Although I'd still suggest QDPMI or CWSDPMI under
plain DOS.

Greetings,
                      Chris.

.WAV to .TAP conversion: how can I do?

Post by Komy » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:16:25

OK. Now it work good.
Tnx!!!

   Komyx