System Dynamics with Agends instead of Steam: Conclusion

System Dynamics with Agends instead of Steam: Conclusion

Post by Tobias Sch?eneber » Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:18:15

Hello,
I'd like to thank all the people who kindly replied to my query for
their effords.

Since my last posting in I red up on the most important concepts of
simulation and also made up my mind about what I was actually searching for.
Maybe another beginner might be interested in that I gave up the idea of
agents populating a system of stocks and flows.
It's not actually because of the continuity of the flows opposed to the
diskrete charakter of an agent (agents could be in more than one
container just as humans can distribute their free time on more than one
hobby).
The most important reason is that I can't think about a reasonable
target such a method might be suitable for (at least in the sense that
the target couldn't be modeled using simpler methods).
Besides that I virtually found no paper about such an approach. The only
aproaches of combining SD and MABS utilize agents that are internally
controlled by System Dynamics models or other eqation based systems.

Thanks again,
                    Tobias

My original posting:

Hello,
I'm searching for literature (if any exists) about a synthesis of system
dynamics and MABS in which agents are floating through the system
instead of some fluid. Here the agents' behaviors and/or states have an
influence on the floating rates between different containers as well as
the number of agents in certain containers.
I'm doing literature research on this topic but unfortunately I'm still
learning the ropes of simulation so I'm not sure which terms to search
for and yet I didn't find anything about that kind of simulation method.
So the questions that make me tick these days are:
Maybe I didn't find anything yet because that idea doesn't make any sense?
Are there any concepts or terms I should know in this certain respect?
If someone of you is into this topic I would be gratefull to learn about
some hints and pointers.

Thanks in advance,
                Tobias

System Dynamics with Agends instead of Steam: Conclusion

Post by Francois Bousque » Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:13:45

I'd like to mention the following link

http://www.bondy.ird.fr/geodes/archives/publi/biblio-anciens/publi-ds...

where you can find papers such as :

D. SERVAT, J-P. TREUIL.(2001) "Agent-based vs. PDE modeling of runoff
dynamics: simulation experiments.", Proceedings of Soil structure, water
solute and transport Int. Symposium, IRD Bondy.

This does answer to your most important reason but show that there are
applications of Mabs for flows.

--------

[...]

---

1. System Dynamics with Agends instead of Steam

[...]

2. OS simple.. how, which book

3. Dynamic System Sinmulation Tool Announcement

4. Indentation for Pascal Minor Mode

5. Requesting Dynamic Systems Simulaton Software

6. TAPE Developer?

7. Simulation/System Dynamics package

8. Soundblaster programming?

9. CFP: The Dynamics of Business Systems Engineering (HICSS30)

10. MIT Summer Program: Modeling & Simulation for Dynamic Transportation Management Systems

11. looking for info on System Dynamics

12. Call for Presentation Papers: Dynamics in Business Systems Engineering