BBC emulator and the skirmish game

Post by MNQ » Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:12:16

Hi All

I am looking for a BBC emulator and a game called SKIRMISH.  Can anyone
help?  I have searched for the game and find a few pages but always draw a
blank.

Any help would be appreciated

Naveed

Try BBC Lives: <http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/bbc/>

--
M.I.K.e
(The crownless again shall be King.)

BBC emulator and the skirmish game

Post by David Butter » Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:52:46

Quote:> Thanks for the info.

> Is there a list of commands that are available for me to learn so
> I can use the emulator?  At the moment I have found out how to
> load the games. There must be more I can do with it.

> Thanks again

> Naveed

*grins* Oh yes, there's a lot more you can do with it. If you're
reasonably happy with Basic, then this quick command reference will be
very useful:

http://www.madhippy.com/8-bit/acorn/bbccommref.html

For more detailed info, the entire User Guide (which is very good) has
been transcribed into HTML:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/6413/BBC-Contents.html

You won't find all that much in there on the more advanced features,
such as the inline 6502 assembler, and of course some of the hardware-
specific comments will be irrelevant, but on the whole it still does a
good job.

--
Above address *is* valid - but snip spamtrap to get me to *read*!

Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html

BBC emulator and the skirmish game

Post by David Butter » Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:54:24

2003:

Quote:> http://www.madhippy.com/8-bit/acorn/bbccommref.html

NB: The list of colours for Mode 2 (under "COLOUR") is wrong: mode 2 is
a 16-colour mode (well, 8 colours and 8 flashing combinations).
Probably easiest just to try them out for yourself with "COLOUR 12" and
so on.

--
Above address *is* valid - but snip spamtrap to get me to *read*!

Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html

1. Need BBC operating system for PC BBC emulator + games

Can anyone help?

 Yours Faithfully (In a very Silly way)
 Deano (Silly Software Programmer)

2. Archive bit

3. BBc Micro Emulator and the Classic Game ELITE!

4. Windows XP, group policy, and unable to change passwords

5. Looking for BBC Emulator + Games

6. Which SCSI CDROM Drive

7. bbc emulators/games

8. WOW Gateway on Oracle 7.0.15

9. Williams Emulator/BBC Emulator -- stopped!

10. BBC games and educational software

11. HELP:Load a BBC Game (sorry if it's a stupid req...)

12. BBC Games

13. bbc rocket game??