SNES 9x team is Jealous

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by BIGPHOOT » Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:00:00



This is a letter I wrote to the Snes 9x team.  I think they are just finding
 out that their emu isn't the fastest or the greatest

Dear snes9x team,

I don't know what happened with the whole story but, It sounds a little bogus.
 You say that Mr. Grim stole the SNES 9x sorce code but,  Zsnes Runs with only
 7 megs of RAM and on a 386.  It also has add/sub feature that you don't.  Also
 in the NLKSNES doc they wrote that you guys were in competition with them.
 This sounds if that you were jealous that their emu was faster than yours.
 Rember that these are just my opinions.  

BIGPHOOT

 
 
 

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by GameGenieMa » Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:00:00


EXACTLY, the SNES9X team just can't bear the fact that there is possibly
an emulator that is better than theirs.  That is why they made up that
stupid story about Mr. Grim stealing the code and giving it to the ZSNES
team.  I used to have respect for SNES9X, but when they posted that
email accusing Mr. Grim, . . . . well that pissed me off, SNES9X is just
DAMNED JEALOUS!  LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT SNES9X TEAM!

 
 
 

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by Will Fishe » Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:00:00


Quote:> EXACTLY, the SNES9X team just can't bear the fact that there is possibly
> an emulator that is better than theirs.  That is why they made up that
> stupid story about Mr. Grim stealing the code and giving it to the ZSNES
> team.  I used to have respect for SNES9X, but when they posted that
> email accusing Mr. Grim, . . . . well that pissed me off, SNES9X is just
> DAMNED JEALOUS!  LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT SNES9X TEAM!

And we wonder why authors give up writing emulators???

Keep up the work SNES 9x and ZSNES. How about merging technologies on the
screen add/sub stuff? ZSNES has claimed (via EmuNews) that they are in
the process of proving they used no stolen code. SNES 9x may have been
premature in their accusations, but they can learn!

-Will

 
 
 

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by cohen.. » Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:00:00


Sorry its a bit off topic, but what did you guys think of ZSNES? I
thought the graphics (add/suc and 16 bit mode) were quite impresive, and
as of yet, I haven't had any compatibility probs.  The sound is nice, but
could use some work.  Tell me what you think.  -- Phillip Cohen

 
 
 

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by Iceste » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00


I agree. ZSNES has a ways to go on the sound emulation. They admit that in
their
FAQ.  However, the screen ad/sub is nice.  Would be really great if SNES9X
and
ZSNES could come together--best of both worlds!  Both emulators are really
nice
and I applaud everyone involved.


Quote:> Sorry its a bit off topic, but what did you guys think of ZSNES? I
> thought the graphics (add/suc and 16 bit mode) were quite impresive, and
> as of yet, I haven't had any compatibility probs.  The sound is nice, but
> could use some work.  Tell me what you think.  -- Phillip Cohen

 
 
 

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by Michael Restif » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00


Quote:> And we wonder why authors give up writing emulators???

> Keep up the work SNES 9x and ZSNES. How about merging technologies on the
> screen add/sub stuff?

They should both figure out ways of helping eachother then sit there and say
one is better than the other.  What they got to do it write.....compile
it....then prove which one is better....

Mike

 
 
 

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by Seymour But » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00


Sound?  I still can't get sound to work in ZSNES.  After loading ZSNES with
-s for sound, it recognizes my sound card, the speaker does a little pop
and crack, but once I'm in the game, there's no sound.  What gives.


Quote:> Sorry its a bit off topic, but what did you guys think of ZSNES? I
> thought the graphics (add/suc and 16 bit mode) were quite impresive, and
> as of yet, I haven't had any compatibility probs.  The sound is nice, but
> could use some work.  Tell me what you think.  -- Phillip Cohen

 
 
 

SNES 9x team is Jealous

Post by UnTame » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00



> > And we wonder why authors give up writing emulators???

> > Keep up the work SNES 9x and ZSNES. How about merging technologies on the
> > screen add/sub stuff?

> They should both figure out ways of helping eachother then sit there and say
> one is better than the other.  What they got to do it write.....compile
> it....then prove which one is better....

> Mike

Ya, they are both fine emulators but because of the good quality sound
of snes9x I think it is still the best!
 
 
 

1. Snes 9x team could continue if they WANTED TO

If the Snes9x Team wanted to continue the Emulator they could.  Al they would
 have to do is relese it under a name....Maybe something like the Part 2.  They
 woudn't have to put their names in the DOC just used fake names like Joe Smoe.
  And in the documents they could write "Thanks to the SNES 9x team"  This
 would be a loophole around the Nintendo story.  This wouldn't ever happen
 because there are other reasons why the EMU was cancelled.

2. IBM Serial Cable

3. SNES 9x 1.19a DOS with GUI

4. New Project - C.O.R.E

5. Snes 9x and ZSNES both crash with Creative Cobra Gamepad

6. Total Conventional Memory 602,112

7. SNES 9X Over?

8. Firewall-1 question - Intrusion detection

9. Snes 9x Loader v1.0 (sorry Sean)

10. SNES 9X & DKCountry