Centipede and binaries whine

Post by Don Jud » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Is there a working version of Centipede anywhere that I have been missing...I
haven't been able to successfully convert it to d64 or t64 format from prg,
and the versions I have downloaded have not worked either...it would be nice
to play using keyboard rather than antiquated tac or epyx joysticks...perhaps
one of the other emulators if not c64 emus. Also, what's going on with the
binaries newsgroups, they are empty when they reach me....who's been using up
all the stuff?

dj

gdtrfb

Centipede and binaries whine

Post by LaneDens » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>> Also, what's going on with the binaries newsgroups, they are empty

when they reach me....who's been using up  all the stuff?<<<

A lot of ISP's automatically erase any messasges over a certain length.

http://ltd.simplenet.com

Centipede and binaries whine

Post by Don Jud » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

On the 22 Dec 1996 21:14:14 GMT, Laner, you replied to my whine:

> when they reach me....who's been using up  all the stuff?<<<

> A lot of ISP's automatically erase any messasges over a certain length.

> http://ltd.simplenet.com

Yes, dangit, but my isp, epix.net, doesn't really do that; I see the 15000
line snes stuff in alt.binaries.emulators.cbm, but never any cbm stuff; I get
no messages, or occasionally 1 0r 2, in comp.binaries.cbm...I know there are
great web pages out there, one being yours; just wanted to know if I missed
something like news admin deciding to kill all binary cbm postings to make
sure there's enough bandwidth for make money w/spam or bbd/wf binaries..

Don Judy

1. Whine: where's the drive access lights

This is a bona fide whine.

Most of the modern emulators, with the glorious exception of Frodo and C64S,
do not show when disk access is going on. CCS64 stopped doing this after
1.09. VICE never did. It would be *very* handy to have some idea what the
drive is doing in this world of messed-up fastloaders.

If I may suggest, a combinatorial approach of Frodo and C64S would be cool:
Frodo reports if there is an error condition, while C64S also shows what the
"stepper motor" is up to (DISK TRACK when it moves up a notch). It doesn't
have to be onscreen; it could be like CCS64 and flicker the keyboard lights.
But it would be very, very helpful!

--

  -- supporting the Commodore 64/128:  http://www.armory.com/~spectre/cwi/ --
   head moderator comp.binaries.cbm * cbm special forces unit $ea31 (tincsf)

2. "WindowsXP --It's great

3. Whine....

4. Help me connect +5V source to A1000's 68000

5. iNES whining...

6. Terminal Server and dial-up VPN

7. Binary Binaries: Illegal?

8. Intel Configuration Manager.

9. ST emulator binaries - use ALT.BINARIES.ATARI

10. POPEYE SCHEMATICS are posted in alt.binaries.emulators.cbm and alt.binaries.emulators.nintendo

11. Gameboy binaries on alt.binaries.emulators.cbm

12. Official Centipede 128 BBS Website now online!

13. Centipede & Vic Emulator