ePSXe 1.60 Problem

Post by BOOGIEMA » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 04:00:30

When I start ePSXe 1.60 and go to
config ---> Video/Sound/Cdrom
this message shows up:

ePSXe.exe - Unable To Locate Component
---------------------------------------
This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

After that everythings is normal like in 1.52 version
Anybody had this problem with 1.60 too ?
What is glide3x.dll ?

ePSXe 1.60 Problem

Post by td » Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:03:23

it looks like you are trying to use a 3dfx/glide video renderer...

do you have a a 3dfx card?

if so - locate your glide3x.dll file (in windows\system or windows\system32)
and copy that into your epsxe directry and try again.

alternatively you could look for a 3dfx wrapper, but the performance will
probably be poor (as you are effectively using the epsxe psx emulator to use
a "graphics card emulator" (the wrapper) if you sorta see what I mean...)

Quote:> When I start ePSXe 1.60 and go to
> config ---> Video/Sound/Cdrom
> this message shows up:

> ePSXe.exe - Unable To Locate Component
> ---------------------------------------
> This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

> After that everythings is normal like in 1.52 version
> Anybody had this problem with 1.60 too ?
> What is glide3x.dll ?

1. NEW Arcade Menu 1.60

I've just released my new version 1.60 of Arcade Menu.

New in this version includes :

The ability to show the pictures in several new formats like
TGA, PCX, and GIF amongst others.

Check it out at :

http://home.sol.no/lindgaar/ArcMen15.zip

or at Chris & Pete's great Arcade Emulation Site :

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/dodge/index.htm

Look under the Utilities section.

--
--------------------