Help me find a workable emulator

Post by Alisdair_Robert WALK » Sun, 02 Nov 1997 04:00:00

: HELP!!

: I need to find a games emulator (ANYgames emulator - NES, SNES, SMS etc)
: that will work on the following machine -

: 486 sx 33 (D'Oh)
: 12 Mb Ram
: VGA monitor
: Dos 6.22 / Win 3.11

: Likewise, do you know of anything (I don't care what....) that'd work on
: this setup

: 386 Dx 25
: 2Mb Ram
: EGA (d'oh!)
: 20Mb HDD
: Dos 6.22 / Windows 3.10

: First person to answer get's a chocolate frog or something.

Well, PCVic, a Commodore Vic20 emulator should run very well on the
second.

Here are the requirements, from the webpage:

System requirements:

o PC-compatible, RiscPC Intel board, Amiga 8086 bridgeboard (slow). To
  run it at full Vic-20 speed, you will need a 25 Mhz AT or a 20 Mhz
  386SX. To run it at full video rendering and frame rate as well, you
  will need a 40Mhz 386DX.
o Supports both standard and advanced keyboards.
o Register-compatible EGA or VGA card or emulation. Archimedes RISCPC
  users can run it in a window.
  Windows users should run it full-screen.
o DOS-compatible operating system (PC-DOS, MS-DOS, DR DOS, OS/2,
  Windows 3.1, Windows 95, etc.).

You can get it at: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Alley/3583/

--
                      _         http://www.ecr.mu.OZ.AU/~arwalker/

/ |lisdair |/|/alker (_)  Geomatics/Comp. Sci. at the Uni. of Melbourne

Try Sparcade.  Find it at www.hubcap.demon.co.uk
Runs 16 arcade games at full speed on 33MHz, some even with sound.

Or CPCEMU.  Emulates an Amstrad CPC 8-bit computer.  Also runs full
speed at 33Mhz.  Find it and some games at ftp://ftp.nvg.unit.no/pub/cpc

Sparcade requires EMS memory to be set up (use EMM386).  CPCEMU doesn't
require EMS, but is needed for full speed.

Quote:> Likewise, do you know of anything (I don't care what....) that'd work on
> this setup

> 386 Dx 25
> 2Mb Ram
> EGA (d'oh!)
> 20Mb HDD
> Dos 6.22 / Windows 3.10

I don't know of any emulators that run on less than VGA...

Hope this helps,
Barry Rodewald.

Post by ]_eeTPi » Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>HELP!!

>I need to find a games emulator (ANYgames emulator - NES, SNES, SMS etc)
>that will work on the following machine -

>486 sx 33 (D'Oh)
>12 Mb Ram
>VGA monitor
>Dos 6.22 / Win 3.11

Well, you can forget about SNES emulation and probably Genesis as well. But go
ahead and try genecyst; it can't hurt. You will NEED to install SciTech
Display Doctor for most emulators for better speed. NESticle will probably
work for NES games with a 320x240 VESA2 mode (which is very fast). Massage
might run GG/SMS games, but I'm not quite sure. GB'97 and VGB-DOS should both
work fine.

Quote:>Likewise, do you know of anything (I don't care what....) that'd work on
>this setup

>386 Dx 25
>2Mb Ram
>EGA (d'oh!)
>20Mb HDD
>Dos 6.22 / Windows 3.10

Very doubtful. Almost all emulators I've seen require a VGA display.

1. heres a small very workable nes emulator

--------------3F723C035F2D

forget theines stuff use this, its small and it works
it works with nes games ending in .nes

--------------3F723C035F2D

<encoded_portion_removed>
AABORVNBLkRPQ1BLBQYAAAAAAgACAGwAAAC4MwAAAAA=
--------------3F723C035F2D--

2. Multlinking 12 ISDN Channels

3. Help Finding C64 Emulators.

4. Problem quitting REFRESH

5. Please help me to find a VIC-20 emulator

6. Annoying debugging message

7. PLEASE HELP WHERE CAN I FIND 3D0 OR ATARI JAGUAR EMULATORS AND ROMS

8. Problems with ASP

9. Trying to find an emulator -- please help!

10. NEED HELP FINDING RECENT ARCADE EMULATORS

11. Help I can't find a Tempest emulator.

12. Epsilon Emulator`s was on test (not found yet) (Tomorrow found)

13. Help i'm finding play station emulator?