!Newbie Alert! N64 emulation advice please...

!Newbie Alert! N64 emulation advice please...

Post by Andy » Sat, 30 Aug 2003 04:40:53

Hi, I'd really appreciate your advice on this.  I'm not sure if this is even
the correct newsgroup but I'll make a start.  I want to run an N64 emulator
on my home PC (Windows 2000).  I can see that there are several emulators
out there, but I need to know which would stand the best chance of running
on this fairly aged system.  It is an: AMD-K6 (500Mhz) system with approx
320Mb RAM (currently) and a NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 video card (no
laughing please!).
Like I say, I'm a newbie so I'm just entering the world of 'wrappers' and
'glidexx.dll' file sand having trouble getting things to run so any hints
that will help me greatly.  Point me to the correct newsgroup even if this
is the wrong one!

Yes I do own an N64, and have many titles in case anyone is thinking of
flaming me for theft!

Thanks in advance. :o)

Andy.

!Newbie Alert! N64 emulation advice please...

Post by orland » Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:52:01

Quote:> Hi, I'd really appreciate your advice on this.  I'm not sure if this is
even
> the correct newsgroup but I'll make a start.  I want to run an N64
emulator
> on my home PC (Windows 2000).  I can see that there are several emulators
> out there, but I need to know which would stand the best chance of running
> on this fairly aged system.  It is an: AMD-K6 (500Mhz) system with approx
> 320Mb RAM (currently) and a NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 video card (no
> laughing please!).

Hello!
Well, i had that machine just until the year before. I really dont know
exactly, but i believe if youre into emulating n64 you gotta think of an
upgrade - or emulate  older systems like genesis or snes.But well, just
check it out: Google for1964 and/or project64. They have a lot of different
plugins and you may find one that works well with your system. For game roms
check out binarie newsgroups and download with xnews, which ist best for
that job.

Quote:> Like I say, I'm a newbie so I'm just entering the world of 'wrappers' and
> 'glidexx.dll' file sand having trouble getting things to run so any hints
> that will help me greatly.  Point me to the correct newsgroup even if this
> is the wrong one!

;) and minigl not to forget!

Quote:> Yes I do own an N64, and have many titles in case anyone is thinking of
> flaming me for theft!

Sure ;) C'mon! its the internet after all...

Quote:> Thanks in advance. :o)

youre welcome!

Quote:> Andy.

---

!Newbie Alert! N64 emulation advice please...

Post by Andy » Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:47:40

Thanks for the advice orlando.  I've tried out pretty much everything you
have suggested and more since posting my original message (it's amazing how
much I had to catch up with!).  I've pretty much come to the same conclusion
as you - UPGRADE!  I've got some emus running but they all appear too slow,
and those are the emus that Windows2000 allowed to run (even after trying
apcompat.exe).  I'll keep an eye on the second hand stores near me to
replace the 'burnt out' N64 I've got gathering dust under my bed instead!  I
have got WinUAE running nicely with EOBII though so that'll keep me back in
early 1990's heaven for now ...

Cheers,
Andy ?

> > Hi, I'd really appreciate your advice on this.  I'm not sure if this is
> even
> > the correct newsgroup but I'll make a start.  I want to run an N64
> emulator
> > on my home PC (Windows 2000).  I can see that there are several
emulators
> > out there, but I need to know which would stand the best chance of
running
> > on this fairly aged system.  It is an: AMD-K6 (500Mhz) system with
approx
> > 320Mb RAM (currently) and a NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 video card (no
> > laughing please!).
> Hello!
> Well, i had that machine just until the year before. I really dont know
> exactly, but i believe if youre into emulating n64 you gotta think of an
> upgrade - or emulate  older systems like genesis or snes.But well, just
> check it out: Google for1964 and/or project64. They have a lot of
different
> plugins and you may find one that works well with your system. For game
roms
> check out binarie newsgroups and download with xnews, which ist best for
> that job.

> > Like I say, I'm a newbie so I'm just entering the world of 'wrappers'
and
> > 'glidexx.dll' file sand having trouble getting things to run so any
hints
> > that will help me greatly.  Point me to the correct newsgroup even if
this
> > is the wrong one!

> ;) and minigl not to forget!

> > Yes I do own an N64, and have many titles in case anyone is thinking of
> > flaming me for theft!
> Sure ;) C'mon! its the internet after all...
> > Thanks in advance. :o)

> youre welcome!
> > Andy.

> ---

!Newbie Alert! N64 emulation advice please...

Post by insane_.. » Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:51:19

First I don't have any experience with windows 2000, by the sounds of
your system specs project 64 should run quite nicely. Get it at
www.zophar.net I would also recommend running say windows 98, smaller
os less of a resource hog. Hope this helps.

> Hi, I'd really appreciate your advice on this.  I'm not sure if this is even
> the correct newsgroup but I'll make a start.  I want to run an N64 emulator
> on my home PC (Windows 2000).  I can see that there are several emulators
> out there, but I need to know which would stand the best chance of running
> on this fairly aged system.  It is an: AMD-K6 (500Mhz) system with approx
> 320Mb RAM (currently) and a NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 video card (no
> laughing please!).
> Like I say, I'm a newbie so I'm just entering the world of 'wrappers' and
> 'glidexx.dll' file sand having trouble getting things to run so any hints
> that will help me greatly.  Point me to the correct newsgroup even if this
> is the wrong one!

> Yes I do own an N64, and have many titles in case anyone is thinking of
> flaming me for theft!

> Thanks in advance. :o)

> Andy.

1. I need some help. (Newbie alert.)

I have a number of old Commodore 64 computers.  I would really appreciate any websites
that you could point me to that would have information about how to connect either one of
the Commodores or one of the disk drives to my PC.  I'd also like to know if it's possible
to take *.d64 disk images and put them back onto a Commodore formatted disk.  I'd also be
interested in any sites that would have information on any hardware that I could build
myself that would interface with a Commodore.  Robotics would be best, but any type of
gadget would be interesting.  I want to do something with them besides take up closet
space.

I'd prefer replies by email, if possible.  Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Marc Fuller

2. Publish Web

3. ADVICE PLEASE

4. Send application Icon in systemtray

5. I need info/advice, please help

6. Zoomable, auto-align scanner and Apple One Scanner

7. Advice on petri nets please

8. Automated source code metrics tool

9. Help a stupid newbie please

10. Newbie... Please Enlighten Me...

11. Newbie girl with MAME joystick problem. Please help!

12. Running Amiga games under DOS - Newbie so please help

13. N64 emulator please...