CompatiCard I

Post by Uwe Nas » Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:32:11

Hi all,

 a long time ago I got a CompatiCard I. Last week I tried to
install this card as a second floppy controller card in an
old PC-AT clone. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I have three
versions of the CCDRIVER.SYS programm, which is needed in the
CONFIG.SYS file.

  - Version 1.02 hangs the computer!
  - Version 1.27 gives the correct drive letter, but trying
    to get a directory listing from that drive hangs the
    computer again!
  - Version 2.03 at least gives an error message:

    CC: Interrupt conflict or IRQ not jumpered or no card is installed.
        The error could also be caused if the I/O address is incorrect.

The problem is, that I cannot jumper an IRQ!! At least not on a
CompatiCard I.

Normally I would post this problem to a PC hardware group, but I
know that some guys listening to this group use a CompatiCard in
order to attach a 8" drive to a PC. So, any hints?

                                                Thanks in advance

                                                           Uwe.

1. Need CompatiCard IV...

Hello everyone,

        Has anyone have a MicroSolutions CompatiCard IV which is able to
read Single Density disks on an IBM AT?

        Please respond if you have one available for sale or trade.

Thanks.
Louis-Luc

2. Null Modem Cable

3. CompatiCard II/3.5" 1.4M floppy problems

4. LCD Speed for real-time displays

5. Compaticard IV - Oops on Last message...

6. Active Directory Replication

7. Compaticard IV

8. JOB POSTING

9. Compaticard Software Wanted

10. compaticard support.

11. Repost: Anybody have info on the "Compaticard I" board?

12. Compaticard II (driver software)

13. Compaticard IV