Help wanted: configuring Gandalf 5240/5242 ISDN boxes

Help wanted: configuring Gandalf 5240/5242 ISDN boxes

Post by georg.. » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 04:00:00

We are a small college about to connect our campus LAN to a small LAN at newly created
faculty office site.  Each LAN runs Novell 3.12, one over Token Ring, one over
Ethernet 10bT.

Nevada Bell has already installed 2B+D ISDN lines at each site.  The next step is to
connect the LANs over these lines via Gandalf ISDN boxes.  (One box is a
5240i, the other a 5242i.)  Before I get too carried away I'd like to get some
idea of the proper configuration of these boxes for a Novell network.  Traffic
for now will be strictly IPX.  In the future we plan on using Gandalf boxes to
connect to a router at the University of Nevada, Reno, for our Internet access.

I only know enough about NW to keep myself out of significant trouble and would
appreciate any help to keep it that way.

George Brooks
Sierra Nevada College

1. Gandalf Lanline 5240 update wanted

Hi!

Recently I acquired a Gandalf ISDN bridge. It's a Lanline model 5240. So
far, so good. The fan makes a nice sound.

BUT.. Right now I can't use the bridge because it doesn't know about PPP
(an CHAP/PAP).

Can anyone help me get a firmware update to teach this machine about PPP?
I would be ever so grateful.

TIA
Martijn

2. Opinions wanted

3. Dallas GTE ISDN w/Gandalf 5242 and analog Fax?

4. A3000 display/floppy probs.

5. User evaluation of Gandalf 5220 / 5240 ISDN bridge

6. Problem Editing Registry

7. FS cisco 1004 and gandalf 5240 $140 8x compression

8. Gandalf 5240 cooling fan

9. Gandalf 5242 v. Pipeline 25

10. Gandalf 5242

11. Gandalf 5242 routing