MAC address of MAC and Inventory software

MAC address of MAC and Inventory software

Post by Shawn Barnha » Fri, 08 Aug 1997 04:00:00

says...
! Can someone tell me how to display the MAC address of any Macs
! logged into a v3.12 server? If I use the USERLIST /A command, it lists
! the Node Address of any Macs as Unknown.

Boy, wouldn't that be nice if Novell would've given us that information?
I mean, it's got to be in the AppleTalk stack someplace, although even
ATCON doesn't give it to you.

I've often wished I had a utility that would resolve Ethernet addresses
to even their AppleTalk net and node numbers or better yet the names that
nbplkup returns for tracing IP conflicts, without spending thousands of
dollars on a sniffer.

--
Shawn Barnhart, Campbell Mithun Esty Advertising

"I live the way I type; fast, with a lot of mistakes."

1. Switches giving PIX inside MAC address rather than servers MAC Address

We have a problem that 2 machines on the same cisco 3500 switch cannot see
each other or ping each other. What happens is that the switch sees the IP
address for servers as the inside MAC address of the PIX - Jas anyone seen
this before - Is it normal ???

The address space is all private in the 10.25.0.0/24 ranges.

Thx
Gary

2. SMS v.2.0 Problems for Win2k

3. create MAC address database and disallow nonauth'd MACS with cisco switches

4. Hitachi SH3 microprocessor evaluation board need

5. Mac Network Inventory

6. Information about a DLL

7. MAC Address Software?

8. Any help would be appreciated.

9. Software to read Modem MAC Address

10. Change Ethernet MAC address via software

11. Software to gather ethernet/MAC addresses on a LAN?

12. PIX Firewall MAC address VPN IP address

13. obtaining the IP ADDRESS of an IP POHNE by its MAC ADDRESS