There was a problem loading Unicode tables

There was a problem loading Unicode tables

Post by Marcel Nootebos C » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I hope that somebody can help with the following problem:

Im supporting about 300 PC workstations running Windows 3.1 and 3.11.
More and more of those workstations are being made suitable for hooking up
to several NetWare 4.1 servers.
When i do a client installation of the NetWare drivers, which can be
installed from every NetWare 4.1 server from F:\PUBLIC\CLIENT\DOSWIN and
when i DONT specify in the windows customize options that i want to use
more country codes that are currently installed on my machine, i get on
SOME machines the error "There was a problem loading the unicode tables,
all netware directory services functions are now disables" when they start
up windows. When i do select this option i don`t get this error. When i
reinstall the drivers again with this option enabled it doesnt solve
the problem, the error persists when starting up windows.

The problem obviously has got to do with the fact that the unicode table
(which consists of about 4 files per code) has got to match the codepage
set in DOS and Windows. But when i change or remove all the settings that
has got to do with DOS (config.sys and autoexec.bat) and Windows (system.ini
and win.ini) it doesnt make any difference. I just cannot find the
reason why the windows netware drivers keep complaining. After this message
you can only select bindery resources on the network, not NDS objects.

Marcel Nootebos, HP

There was a problem loading Unicode tables

Post by Kai Nothdur » Tue, 19 Sep 1995 04:00:00

------[snipp snapp]------------

Quote:>The problem obviously has got to do with the fact that the unicode table
>(which consists of about 4 files per code) has got to match the codepage
>set in DOS and Windows. But when i change or remove all the settings that
>has got to do with DOS (config.sys and autoexec.bat) and Windows (system.ini
>and win.ini) it doesnt make any difference. I just cannot find the
>reason why the windows netware drivers keep complaining. After this message
>you can only select bindery resources on the network, not NDS objects.

look in your system-configuration of windows (CONTROL.EXE) which country
you have selected. if you have US, you need all *.001 unicode-files or if you
have selected germany, you need all *.049 unicode-files and for netherland,
you should use all *.nnn unicode-files (sorry, I don't know the country-code
from the netherlands by know...).

Hope that helps.

-Kai-
These are my views and may not necessarily be those of my department

20146 Hamburg              /            X400:   c=GB;a=CWMAIL;p=DAL;
                           /                    o=IFU;s=KNO;
Germany                    /         (ccMail: KNO at IFU)

Post by Brian Willia » Wed, 20 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>------[snipp snapp]------------
>>The problem obviously has got to do with the fact that the unicode table
>>(which consists of about 4 files per code) has got to match the codepage
>>set in DOS and Windows. But when i change or remove all the settings that
>>has got to do with DOS (config.sys and autoexec.bat) and Windows (system.ini
>>and win.ini) it doesn(t make any difference. I just cannot find the
>>reason why the windows netware drivers keep complaining. After this message
>>you can only select bindery resources on the network, not NDS objects.

>look in your system-configuration of windows (CONTROL.EXE) which country
>you have selected. if you have US, you need all *.001 unicode-files or if you
>have selected germany, you need all *.049 unicode-files and for netherland,
>you should use all *.nnn unicode-files (sorry, I don't know the country-code
>from the netherlands by know...).

Also be sure that your autoexec.bat has a line

SET NWLANGUAGE=ENGLISH (or whatever language).

Post by Marcel Nootebos C » Mon, 25 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: ------[snipp snapp]------------
[...]

I've tried all the suggestions that are given in the replies, like:
- copy all the unicode files located in sys:public\client\doswin\nls to
  c:\windows\nls (about 200 files in total)
- set nwlanguage=english, what according to the netware manuals is only
  applicable to the dos netware utilities
- tried all kind of country settings in the windows control panel, United
  Kingdom, United States, etc.

but unfortunately nothing worked...

Because i'm experiencing this problem on about 20% of the installed pc's
and because i seem to be unique in this problem, i'm starting to think
that the problem has got to do with the other software that's also installed
on those pc's, like WordPerfect for Windows 6.0 and 6.1,
Microsoft Word, and especially Attachmate Extra 4.1, a 3270 emulator
for Windows.

If any of you got any suggestions, please let me know.

> Marcel Nootebos, Operations Consultant, Amstelveen

> HPDESK:         HPITCB/85
> Phone:          +31-20-5479611
> Fax:            +31-20-5477744

There was a problem loading Unicode tables

Post by Anders Nilss » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I've tried all the suggestions that are given in the replies, like:
>- copy all the unicode files located in sys:public\client\doswin\nls to
>  c:\windows\nls (about 200 files in total)
>- set nwlanguage=english, what according to the netware manuals is only
>  applicable to the dos netware utilities
>- tried all kind of country settings in the windows control panel, United
>  Kingdom, United States, etc.

I had this problem once, but I solved it by copying all my unicode
files (*.046) to my windows dir. It didn't work when I copied them to
windows\nls.

Hopes it helps you :-)

Anders Nilsson
SCC Elteknik Syd AB
SWEDEN

Communist (n): One who has given up all hope of becoming a capitalist.

1. NWDRV-3.00-30 Problem loading Unicode tables?

We installed Netware 4 a few months back.
Two Win95 syatems and a few Win3.1 working just fine.

One of the Win3.1 systems, however (the only PS/2 machine) reports the
following messages during Windows startup (having logged into network
before windows started)

NWDRV-3.00-30 There was a problem loading the Unicode tables.  All
Netware Directory Services are disabled.

What does this mean?  How do I fix it.

Frank

2. Money 2001/ 2002 Upgrade to 2005

3. FS:SUN SPARC 5 , 64MB ,2GIG, 170Mhz CPU ,SCSI CD ROM

4. VLM Client 1.20 - Problem Loading Unicode Tables

5. Return-Path not expanded

6. Win 3.1 & Nwclient 1.21 : error loading unicode tables

7. ANNOUNCE APS Low cost LUCENT FPGA Kits

8. Q: Unicode tables problem

9. Unicode Table & Invalid Network Resource problem

10. Unicode table error & Invalid Network resource

11. Unicode tables & Win311

12. 3.2 problem btrieve 6.15N unicode ini error