Differences in Container Script Processing and Include file processing ?

Differences in Container Script Processing and Include file processing ?

Post by Glenn S. Pipe » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 05:13:00

Netware A file being included in a container as follows:
          Include maps.pro

Where maps.pro looks like below
          Map Root M:=Rodale01\Vol50:Food Processor

Executes and successfully maps the M: drive to the specified directory.

A container script has the following line ( exactly the same as the above ):
          Map Root M:=Rodale01\Vol50:Food Processor

and does not map the drive.

Is there a problem or any limitations in script processing v/s include text
processing or does anyone have any other suggestions for why one solution
works and the other does not ?

Thanks,
Glenn

Post by Erik Klause » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 17:10:27

> Netware A file being included in a container as follows:
>           Include maps.pro

> Where maps.pro looks like below
>           Map Root M:=Rodale01\Vol50:Food Processor

> Executes and successfully maps the M: drive to the specified directory.

> A container script has the following line ( exactly the same as the above ):
>           Map Root M:=Rodale01\Vol50:Food Processor

> and does not map the drive.

The two lines are being processed by the same code; therefore, there should be
no difference in the interpretation.

The problem could be rights assignments, that is, the users in the last
container doesn't have sufficient rights to the Food Processor directory. This
will result in an error message on the "Results" window. Make sure that this
window is shown (client setting).
When an error occurs, the window won't close automatically. You can also add an
"PAUSE" command in the login script.

Erik Klausen

1. How can I know network traffic, process by process (Solaris/TCP/IP)

Hi,

I want to follow network traffic volume, for each user or process (and
not by station) on my Solaris boxes.

Is it possible ?
Are they tools to obtain this info ?
Idealy, this tool will output text log files that I'll be able to scan
with awk or perl scripts.

I've already tested ntop, tcpdump and ethereal but they don't seem to
be able to trace network trafic user by user (or process by process)

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Frederic Payant

2. WP Addition

3. using the login script from the container above your container

4. Cart-Maker Diagram

5. Difference in 7513 and 6509 ACL processing performance???

6. Required EDW Data Analyst - Omaha, NE

7. Callback process chat script fail

8. C6x - Comments

9. WEIRD LOGIN SCRIPT NOT PROCESSING PROBLEM

10. NW5 Login script not processing

11. win95/Netware 3.12 system login script processing

12. client32 not processing login scripts

13. Not processing login script.