Modem connection to Netware server?

Post by Anton Maurovi » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Howdy all.

Is there anyone out there who thinks they can help me connect to my school's
Novell Netware server remotely (i.e. by modem)? I've never done this before,
and as such have no idea of how to go about it. Here's what I know about their
server:

- Dedicated PC running Novell Netware v3.12
- Has a modem on a dedicated line.
- According to one of the Admins:
        Is apparently "set up over weekends and after hours to allow
        remote connections to be established".

I think I've found the number (about which the staff were very elusive :),
since I dial it and I get connected to a modem at 14400... then nothing else
happens (through a regular Comms package) and no keytrokes are processed.
Does this sound familiar?

I guess my question here is:  What do I need to get connected (i.e. any Netware
software such as RCONSOLE or ACONSOLE), and how do I actually establish a
connection? I know I'm being very vague here, but I suppose I'm riding on the
assumption that regular "after-hours remote" use of a Netware server is more-
or-less standard. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Please reply to
me directly via e-mail. Thanks!

- Anton

          Homepage:   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mmmauro/index.html

1. Slow connexion to SMTP server using a modem to modem connexion.

We experienced very slow connexions when we want to send emails via a PPP
connexion to our mail server ( sendmail version : 8.9.1a). On the local
network, it is very fast, but when we use a modem connexion (via a LRS16 -
Lantronix modem server) receiving mail works fine, but sending is very
slow. It seems that the connexion phase to the server (on port 25) is very
long (one minute or more). The PPP connexion seems to works fine, because
http is OK. The only problem is when we want to send mails.

Every kind of help is welcome,

Thanks,

Laurent LESTRADE
--
"La culture c'est comme les parachutes, quand on n'en a pas,
on s'crase." Pierre Desproges.

2. FP2000 database/server question

3. Moving Netware 5.0 server & NDS tree over to a Netware 6.0 server

4. OSF DCE Developers Conference (DHCQM10)

5. Client on Netware 3.2 Server to Connect via WAN to Netware 5 Server

6. MySQL ERROR 1133 MEANING?

7. Migrating Mac files from Netware Server 3.11 to Netware server 4.12

8. negative scan with Primefilm 1800i....

9. Making a Netware server into a DHCP Netware server.

10. Time sync a Netware 3.x server from a Netware 4.x server

11. Sharing a NetWare server CDROM by another NetWare server in the same network

12. NT 4.0 server in Netware environment crashes Netware server

13. Netware 4.11 server not releasing "not logged in" connection