NAEC "DOS test" "entrance exam"

Post by S. Hoffman » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I want to take the courses at my local NAEC and they have told me that
I must take a "DOS test" as a kind of "entrance exam" before they will
let me register for any courses, even the Novell DOS prerequisite.  The
test is supposedly 60 multiple-choice questions and I only have one shot
at passing it.  The school suggested I study "DOS for Dummies" to pre
pare for it. Has anyone heard of this?  Are "practice tests" available?
I couldn't get any help from the school.  Any suggestions welcome!

NAEC "DOS test" "entrance exam"

Post by B. Cob » Sun, 11 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>  my local NAEC and they have told me I must take a "DOS test" from the school.

What is the name of the center?

NAEC "DOS test" "entrance exam"

Post by Jeff Cochr » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>I want to take the courses at my local NAEC and they have told me that
>I must take a "DOS test" as a kind of "entrance exam" before they will
>let me register for any courses, even the Novell DOS prerequisite.  The
>test is supposedly 60 multiple-choice questions and I only have one shot
>at passing it.  The school suggested I study "DOS for Dummies" to pre
>pare for it. Has anyone heard of this?  Are "practice tests" available?
>I couldn't get any help from the school.  Any suggestions welcome!

This is the perogative of the NAEC, you could look for another one.
But the Novell CNE exams used to include a DOS/Microcomputers exam,
and it was of this type:

Q:  If you were at C:\DOS and issued the command CD\ where would you
be?

a) At the ROOT directory
b) At C:\CD
c) At C:\DOS
d) On the couch in front of the TV

If you know DOS commands, you'll do fine.

Jeff