nptr95 and win98. Help!

Post by MicroForc » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have a solution nptr95 on Windows98.

I recieve a message port not available on this machine. I can print locally
with no problem.

Thanks in advance.

                                                from Chris

nptr95 and win98. Help!

Post by Richard Jone » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I had this problem on a Win95 workstation. There was a solution on the
Novell support page. It involved changing a name in the registry from
"PORTNAME" to "PortName", because the client was case sensitive. I also
needed to edit the nprinter.ini file in the windows directory. The
Novell solution wasn't quite right, but it was clear from the file I
edited where to do the alterations, based on the Novell information.

Of course this may not work in Win98.

--
Richard Jones
<for email reply, remove NOSPAM from address>