Workstation address in login script?

Post by Nick » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have an office which has all Win 3.x pc's and one Win95 PC. They use a
Novell menu system to give them a list of options after they have logged
in. However, this annoying utility is useless on the Win95 pc. It just
sits there and won't let it be closed.

I know I can put:

IF LOGIN_NAME="?????" THEN EXIT

before the menu loads, but differnt users use the pc so it won't work.
Is there a way to recognise that particular pc? Something like:

IF NODE_ADDRESS="?????" THEN EXIT            yes, I invented that :-)

What would be the correct format? And am I correct in persuming that the
node address is obtained by USERLIST /A ?

Cheers, Nick
--

Workstation address in login script?

Post by John E. Keet » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Nick,
Try using OS_VER or is it OSVER? Not sure which. Managewise is very similar with
differant OS's.  I am not in front of a novelled machine so I can't be for sure.
If you can't get it to work, mail me back and I will look at our login scripts..

--john

Nick said in comp.os.netware.misc:
% I have an office which has all Win 3.x pc's and one Win95 PC. They use a
% Novell menu system to give them a list of options after they have logged
% in. However, this annoying utility is useless on the Win95 pc. It just
% sits there and won't let it be closed.

% I know I can put:

% IF LOGIN_NAME="?????" THEN EXIT

% before the menu loads, but differnt users use the pc so it won't work.
% Is there a way to recognise that particular pc? Something like:

% IF NODE_ADDRESS="?????" THEN EXIT            yes, I invented that :-)

% What would be the correct format? And am I correct in persuming that the
% node address is obtained by USERLIST /A ?

% Cheers, Nick
% --

--
John Keeton  /  KB0VEH

1. Workstation address in login script?

[snip]

You're pretty close.  It's P_STATION that you are looking for.  Or you
could use OS_VERSION.

Hansang Bae             Director of Network Operations, Eastern Region
Richey Systems          Main Office: (800) 776-5145   Ext 521

Specializing in Network Design/Troubleshooting and Protocol Analysis

2. How to prevent form page expiration?

3. Defauly login script executed rather than the container login script

4. Icon resource for dialog box ??

5. Login Scripts: NetWare 3.12-Default User Login Script...

6. MacPPP 2.0.1 Bug found

7. Login Script not running on DOS Workstation

8. Font in Robert Jordan books

9. Workstation refuses to run login scripts

10. Can system login script detect Win95 + INWC32 on workstation?

11. Utility to update workstations from login script

12. Netware login scripts under NT 4.0 Workstation.

13. Finding IP Addresses via Login Script