Netware Connect v2.0 vs Winframe v1.7 as Remote access Solution

Netware Connect v2.0 vs Winframe v1.7 as Remote access Solution

Post by The Owen » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Which gives better performance as a remote access (users dialing in to use
DOS and Windows Applications) solution?

Post by Ken Agre » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Which gives better performance as a remote access (users dialing in to use
>DOS and Windows Applications) solution?

It depends on the configuration and what apps we're talking about.  If
they have the applications on the remote systems, and you are only
doing basic File & Print access and e-mail, NW Connect will probably
do fine.  WinFrame primarily shines for one specific circumstance -
extremely heavy network traffic from the remote system.  In most other
situations, the expense isn't justified.

Ken Agress/CNE

1. Netware Connect v1/v2 compatibility

Has anyone enocuntered problems migrating from Netware Connect
1.0 to Netware Connect 2.0?

Can a client running Netware Connect 1.0 access a Netware Connect
2.0 server or do both client/server need to be upgraded?

If you have had any bad experiences with 2.0 (or migrating to
it), please post them.

Thanks!

--
mdjcjg

2. does anyone know where i can get a Linksys Router in uk

3. netware connect - remote node vs. remote control?

4. Questions regarding Graphs

5. Netware Link Support Layer v2.0 (1992); NE2000 MLID v1.53 (930730)

6. Date as key or part of a key.

7. Do I need different CCl scripts for ARA V1 vs V2?

8. ?CompUSA rebate real?

9. Remote access with Netware Connect

10. Supra V.32 with Remote Access V1.01 BBS?

11. netware connect vs. 3com access builder

12. OS/2 requester v2.10 vs. v2.11

13. Remote Dialup Access to network - Simple Solution?