How to receive eMails from Pop3 Account with Mercury (NLM) 1.48 on Netware 4.15?

How to receive eMails from Pop3 Account with Mercury (NLM) 1.48 on Netware 4.15?

Post by Lar » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:23:14

My company try to use an Gateway Mailserver on an Novell Netware 4.15,
to distribute eMails from our Provider german Strato. We use PMail as
Mailclient and so we wish to use Mercury (NLM) 1.48 as Mailserver.
Now we have an problem to get access on the Pop3 Account ours Provider
under Mercury(NLM).
I know in the Mercury(w32) Windows Version is the MercuryD Modul the
Client for Pop3 but in the Mercury(NLM)  Netware Version there is no
NLM-Module like that?
How can i deliver/transferred the Mails from our Pop3 Account by
Provider Strato to Mercury(NLM)?

Bye Lars!

Post by Stefan Braunstei » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:02:31

> How can i deliver/transferred the Mails from our Pop3 Account by
> Provider Strato to Mercury(NLM)?

http://NetwareFiles.de/

Area: Pegasus Mail  WWW: 0ana.html  FTP: files/mail/pmail/
mercd023.zip    11 KB 14.03.00   JMERCD.NLM 0.23 holt Mail von einem
                                 POP3 Server und stellt sie in die
                                 MERCURY send
                                 Queue. Cardware (Postkarte an Autor
                                 senden)
                                 [http://www.3net.cz/software/]
sendmerc.zip    14 KB 07.09.99   NLM: SENDMERC V1.3 sendet E-Mails
                                 direkt am Netware Server ber Mercury
                                 [http://www.neatech.ch]
smtpx122.zip   9,5 KB 15.02.01   NLM: SMTPEX 1.22 verschiebt E-Mails aus
                                 Mercury Inboxen auf einen anderen SMTP
                                 Server; Freeware
                                 [http://www.3net.cz/software/]
Alle Utilities auch auf der Service CD/DVD fr NetWare (siehe Homepage)!

Ich wrde es aber nicht einsetzen, sondern (wenn es denn auf einem
NetWare Server laufen soll), Max! von www.weitlandt.com.

--
Stefan Braunstein
 - no e-mails -

Post by Philip Ch » Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:48:43

>My company try to use an Gateway Mailserver on an Novell Netware 4.15,
>to distribute eMails from our Provider german Strato. We use PMail as
>Mailclient and so we wish to use Mercury (NLM) 1.48 as Mailserver.
>Now we have an problem to get access on the Pop3 Account ours Provider
>under Mercury(NLM).
>I know in the Mercury(w32) Windows Version is the MercuryD Modul the
>Client for Pop3 but in the Mercury(NLM)  Netware Version there is no
>NLM-Module like that?
>How can i deliver/transferred the Mails from our Pop3 Account by
>Provider Strato to Mercury(NLM)?

+ Newsgroups: comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows,comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc
+ Subject: Re: Need a little help with Mercury
+ Date: 17 May 2002 18:23:59 GMT

+ comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc:11444
+

+
+ > How do I configure Mercury 1.48 to download e-mail from our Pop3 account
+ > maintained by our web hosting firm?  Our Netware server accesses the net
+ > via a shared DSL line with a dynamic IP, so there's no associated
+ > domain.
+
+ The program JMERCD by Petr Jaklin retrieves mail from a POP3 server and
+ inserts it into MERCURY (NLM version) send queue in a manner similar to
+ the Mercury/32 module MercuryD. As this module is missing in Mercury/NLM,
+ JMERCD was developed. JMERCD has limited support for domain mailboxes.
+
+ http://www.3net.cz/software

---=====================================================================---
 Philip Chee:  Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA

 t 20544.04 t Coming Soon. Mouse Support for Turbo Edlin!

1. e-mails from Netware 4.1-LAN to the Internet by PMAIL/MERCURY

We have just finished our server-installation (Novell Netware
4.1), when I received the request to arrange an access to
e-mails.

This e-mails should be transported by using the internet.

The solution I have in mind is the freeware Pegasus-Mail in
combination with the Internet-gateway Mercury.
Mails are written with PMail and stored in a Spool-directory,
Mercury is transfering them to the Internet by a
dial-in-PPP-connection.

The pieces I have are now:

Netware 4.1-Server
PMail 2.53
Mercury 1.31
Internet-account (no dedicated domain-address).

The questions are now:

Are this enough pieces to make a cake (mailing-system) or is
anything missing?

How to configure mecury (or Netware) to use a
dial-on-demand-PPP-connetcion to the Internet.

Does anyone have experiance with a configuration like that??

Thanks for any advice.

--

Apt. C27R, Floraville
992 Pattanakarn Road

Tel.: +66 (2) 320 2891 Ext. 5277
Fax.: +66 (2) 320 2890

2. XMLDocument.transformNode using IE's built in style

3. Contivity 4.15 client on XP Pro ?

4. locating files

5. How to -Contivity VPN 4.15 and browse simultaneously?

6. Info on the C8x line.

7. Nortel Extranet VPN Client 4.15?

8. ADSL - Headache?

9. Extranet 4.15 and XP Home

10. Chuck Fisher, I could use help with Mercury SMTP/POP3

11. adminadd.nlm - Creates an admin account or unlock existing account

12. Plz help with send and receive e-mail in netware 4.11

13. **Can receive email but can't send email**