continous updating files after sp4 upgrade

continous updating files after sp4 upgrade

Post by Mark Veltma » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I recently upgraded to sp4 for NW5.  I have noticed that the few times
that I have rebooted the server since the upgrade, it tells me it is
updating all kinds of files.  I realize that it should have done this
the first reboot, but everytime?  Something must be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark Veltman

Post by Claude Hustach » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:47:35

> I recently upgraded to sp4 for NW5.  I have noticed that the few times
> that I have rebooted the server since the upgrade, it tells me it is
> updating all kinds of files.  I realize that it should have done this
> the first reboot, but everytime?  Something must be wrong.

Just had a similar problem after SP5 upgrade. Server keeps telling it is
updating files, and looping. Won't start at all.
I deleted the SERVCFG.* files in SERVER.EXE's directory, and it went
fine. I found some TIDs afterward stating that you can safely delete
these files, they will be recreated on next bootup.

HTH, HAND.

1. Weird problem with NetWare 5 SP4 update

We just updated our NetWare 5 server from 5.00d to 5.00g with Support Pack
4.
We are running the Microsoft Client for NetWare Networks with the Microsoft
Services for NDS on several of our Win98 machines for various performance
reasons.  But now if I create a new account using NWadmn32 that came with
5.00g, the Microsoft Clients fail to login to the NDS tree (though they can
still log in under bindery mode, and the newly-created accounts work under
NetWare Client32).  All the accounts I created previously under 5.00d still
work fine with the Microsoft client.  Something changed, either in the new
NDS version or the NWadmn32 version for Support Pack 4.  Anyone else had
this problem/solution?

Thanks,
Brian Newell

2. Installing CD-ROM on a HP Vectra 486DX VL2

3. GW 5.2.2(SP2) to GW 5.2.x(SP4) Upgrade FAILS

4. 3D images of buildings: Wanted!

5. Server License files lost after update/mem upgrade?

6. Sampling with Gravis Ultrasnd Max

7. OEM 3COM 56K Voice internal -- where to get flash updates and updated wave/inf files?

8. Can I setup my os/2 machie to be a slip server?

9. DNS update, when is the zone file updated ??

10. Upgrade file for SP1336 pcmcia X2 upgrade?

11. Continous QoS Concept - Access -> Core

12. Continous disconnect problem. Line Noise???

13. Switch to Different ISP Connection For Continous Connectivity?