Win95 Long Filenames on Netware 4.10 Volume

Win95 Long Filenames on Netware 4.10 Volume

Post by Matt Jurcic » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

I loaded the latest OS2.NAM and added the name space to a volume on my
currently-patched 4.10 server, and I still can't do Windows 95/NT long
file names on the volume.

Was this the correct way to go about adding 95 LFN support to my server,
or where did I go wrong?!

Thanks for the info.

Matt

Win95 Long Filenames on Netware 4.10 Volume

Post by Stephen C. Smi » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I loaded the latest OS2.NAM and added the name space to a volume on my
>currently-patched 4.10 server, and I still can't do Windows 95/NT long
>file names on the volume.

>Was this the correct way to go about adding 95 LFN support to my server,
>or where did I go wrong?!

>Thanks for the info.

>Matt

Try adding the following lines your your SYSTEM.INI:

[NWRedir]
SupportLFN=2

Steve

Post by Praful Pate » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

> I loaded the latest OS2.NAM and added the name space to a volume on my
> currently-patched 4.10 server, and I still can't do Windows 95/NT long
> file names on the volume.

> Was this the correct way to go about adding 95 LFN support to my server,
> or where did I go wrong?!

> Thanks for the info.

> Matt

I believe LONG.NAM is the module to use for Long file names on 4.x
servers. Then add the name space to the volume.
            Praful Patel
       Information Techonology
      University of East London
   http://www.uel.ac.uk/per/P.Patel
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~uccamva/sgadi.htm

Post by Michael Sal » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

 "> I loaded the latest OS2.NAM and added the name space to a volume on my
 "> currently-patched 4.10 server, and I still can't do Windows 95/NT long
 "> file names on the volume.

 "I believe LONG.NAM is the module to use for Long file names on 4.x
 "servers. Then add the name space to the volume.

I used OS2.NAM some months ago (before LONG.NAM was available, I believe),
and it works fine.

Best wishes,
--
Michael Salem

Post by Bruce Ferr » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

> > I loaded the latest OS2.NAM and added the name space to a volume on my
> > currently-patched 4.10 server, and I still can't do Windows 95/NT long
> > file names on the volume.

> > Was this the correct way to go about adding 95 LFN support to my server,
> > or where did I go wrong?!

> > Thanks for the info.

> > Matt

> I believe LONG.NAM is the module to use for Long file names on 4.x
> servers. Then add the name space to the volume.

Nope. LONG.NAM only begins with Netware 4.11. OS2.NAM is correct for
4.10 and below - but download the latest one.

--
Bruce Ferry
DUNK's Computer Consulting

Post by Pedro B. Morale » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> > > I loaded the latest OS2.NAM and added the name space to a volume on
my
> > > currently-patched 4.10 server, and I still can't do Windows 95/NT
long
> > > file names on the volume.

Yes, loading and applying the OS/2 name space is the first step.  But it's
not the last.  Download the ADM32.EXE file from the Novell patchlist
(http://support.novell.com/search/patlst.htm) and explode the file in the
server.  You should find it creates a PATCHES folder or something similar,
with two subfolders, one for 4.1 and other for 3.12.  Inside the 4.1 folder
you have two NLM's (PM410 and NSWLDFIX.NLM) Copy these NLM's to SYS:SYSTEM
and load them in AUTOEXEC.NCF, along with the OS/2 NAme space.

Hope it works (it worked for me, my server is totally unpatched)
Pedro B. Morales

1. 3.11 LFN & Win95 (was Re: netware 4.1 long filename under Win95)

: I don't use long filenames though as they can't be seen very well when
: it comes to the 3.11 machines which we have.

Win95 by default disables its LFN support on Netware 3.11 servers
because of a potential problem that requires an OS patch on the 3.11
server. As far as I know the patch is included in the latest 311 patch
kits. See the Win95 Resource Kit for details, but basically this
registry key has to be changed:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
        System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\NWredir\SupportLFN

Change that key to a binary value of 2 and reboot.

-James

2. Canon LBP-660 as network printer

3. Can netware 4.1 support long filename under Win95

4. Epson 600 users, Would you buy another one?

5. Encountered any problems with long filenames and Netware 4.10

6. CD Creator & Toast problems

7. Word97 file save error to NetWare 4.11 volume with long filenames

8. 3c509 - Rx mode set to 0 devices

9. Problems with long windows 95 filenames on our netware 4.1 server

10. different conversion of long filenames under NT and Netware 4.1?

11. Win95 long filenames on Netware 3.12

12. CD-Rom Long Filenames 4.10 Server