netware 5.1 licenses on a netware 5 server

netware 5.1 licenses on a netware 5 server

Post by Mark Knoffle » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm not that familiar with Netware 5 licensing yet and I wonder if anyone
has ran into this issue.  I have a client who is running a netware 5.0
server.   They bought and installed a 15 user license.   Recently they
needed to purchase a 5 user additive license. Their sales rep told them
they cannot get netware 5 licenses and needed to buy netware 5.1 additive
licenses.  The client was able to install the license w/o an errors but
when they 19th connection is taken they receive an error telling them no
licenses are available. Has anyone else ran into this type of netware 5.1
license on a netware 5.0 server?   I remember from 4.x that you could not
use a netware 4.11 license on a netware 4.1 server.  any ideas?

Thanks
James

netware 5.1 licenses on a netware 5 server

Post by Mike O'Dohert » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm not that familiar with Netware 5 licensing yet and I wonder if anyone
> has ran into this issue.  I have a client who is running a netware 5.0
> server.   They bought and installed a 15 user license.   Recently they
> needed to purchase a 5 user additive license. Their sales rep told them
> they cannot get netware 5 licenses and needed to buy netware 5.1 additive
> licenses.

The sales rep was WRONG.  Netware 5 additive licenses are still available.
Here's the lURL for Netware 5 additive licenses:
http://www.novell.com/products/netware5_alp/quicklook.html

  The client was able to install the license w/o an errors but

Quote:> when they 19th connection is taken they receive an error telling them no
> licenses are available. Has anyone else ran into this type of netware 5.1
> license on a netware 5.0 server?   I remember from 4.x that you could not
> use a netware 4.11 license on a netware 4.1 server.  any ideas?

> Thanks
> James

Same problem - the 5.1 licenses are for Netware 5.1 not Netware 5.
HTH
Mike O'Doherty

1. Netware 3.12 menu on Netware 5.1 server

Hi group,

I have still some DOS-workstations connected to Netware 5.1-server.

I always loved the DOS-menu that came along with Netware 3.12. Too bad
that Netware 5.1 doesn't has that menu anymore.

Is it possible to run the menu of Netware 3.12 on a Netware 5.1 server?
And if yes, am I allowed to do so?

Or does someone knows a "look-a-like" menu-program (freeware)????

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Rob.

2. Synoptics 2500 concentrator

3. Netware 5.1 Licensing

4. Missing in action

5. WTB: Netware 5.1 License Disk

6. Error Validating Disk: I know what it means, but....

7. Need Netware 5.1 License Disk

8. Setting Env variables - Here's How!

9. Groupwise 5.1 & Netware 5.1?

10. netware 3.12 menus on netware 5.1

11. Migrating files from Netware 4.11 to Netware 5.1

12. Migrating files from netware 4.11 to Netware 5.1

13. Upgrade Netware 3.2 to Netware 5.1?