ms proxy server 2 vs wingate

Post by Actsmi » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I've heard alot of good things about wingate, but I was wondering if anyone
knew how it stacked up against microsfot's proxy server version 2? Esepecially
in regards to privacy and security...

Thanks! =)

Andrew Cone
Travelsmith PC Technician

1. MS PROXY 2.0 SERVER AND MS PROXY CLIENT

I have a DSL account am using it without any problems on my Win NT server.
Now I want to to share my DSL connection with a NT Workstation. So far I
installed Proxy Server 2.0 on my server, and then I run the client
installation on the workstation. I customized  the local address table with
all internal IPs am using in my internal network and subnet mask, I think I
have followed all steps properly, however, I can access the Internet from
the workstation. Any help will be very much appreciated.

2. Trinity 1590/Tyan 56k Internet Connections

3. Which Proxy Server (Wingate, CSM Proxy or Winproxy)

4. New install of MSN on Win98?

5. configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

6. Sabados' Range Name Search

7. Modem sharing with NT server, MS Proxy Server & LAN

8. DMA data

9. Setting up internet proxy server using wingate

10. Will Proxy Server (WinGate) work over PacBell's Single DSL connection?

11. Wingate proxy server

12. Use of Wingate Proxy Server with Outlook Express

13. Program accessing ftp server through a wingate proxy