NLM DATABASE

Post by Christopher William » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi anyone

Does anyone know how to use a database within a NLM, any ideas

the only way seems to be a very simple database using the DFS,
as ref in the Novel SDK .

Thanks

Chris W

NLM DATABASE

Post by David Gers » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi anyone

>Does anyone know how to use a database within a NLM, any ideas

You'll have to be a lot more specific than that if you want a decent/useful
answer. What database? Is it something you're writing, or a commercial
product already available?

Quote:>the only way seems to be a very simple database using the DFS,
>as ref in the Novel SDK .

NLMs are just alike any other program; you can use the file system however
you want. You can, if you want, use DFS also.

    The packet goes out the card, into the copper, out the router,
    onto the fiber, across the world, thru the copper............
    NOTHING BUT NET.

Systems Programmer                        Northern Illinois University

NLM DATABASE

Post by paul reine » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Hi anyone

> Does anyone know how to use a database within a NLM, any ideas

> the only way seems to be a very simple database using the DFS,
> as ref in the Novel SDK .

> Thanks

> Chris W

Which database would u like to access. Oracle, btrieve, ...

1. Need an NLM to solve SFT3 - Database - UPS incompatibility

Here's the challenge:  The database engine running on our 4.11 servers HAS
to be unloaded before the server is downed.

SFT3 runs on a "virtual" engine that spans two physical servers named IO1
and IO2.  Downing either physical server causes the engine to fail over to
the remaining physical server and to mark the mirrored volumes on that
server as "valid."  Then when the "valid" IO engine runs out of battery
power it goes down hard.

With a UPS running both physical servers, only one can be connected to the
serial cable that provides UPS monitoring.  Even if both were connected,
simply downing the IO engines would crash the database anyway.

What I need is a UPS NLM that allows a user-provided shutdown script to be
run in the event of a power outage.  Anybody know of such a product?  None
of the OEM bundled utilities works and the Novell-supplied UPS.NLM is also
very basic - allows settings for UPS staying power and that's about all.

Thanks.

2. Monkey Island II

3. DSREPAIR.NLM: 'Added option to defragment and repack the NDS database.'

4. Moving SMS databases from one SQL to another

5. Rate Table Databases, Telephone Number Databases

6. Intranet connect to SQLServer Under user's account.

7. Database Database?

8. Flight Sim Bonanza on EBay!

9. why i cannot synchronize current SunNet Manager database and sybase database Device table.?

10. netware3.12 loading tapesvr.nlm, asp150.nlm, and client tracker

11. NBI.NLM/NEB.NLM

12. HELP!!! information for SWITCH.NLM & BALANCE.NLM

13. Looking for TSA311.NLM & SMDR.NLM or SMSUP5.EXE