Remote management of HP 5MP connected to server

Remote management of HP 5MP connected to server

Post by Falsta » Sun, 15 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I'm finally getting a LJ 5MP this week (after waiting five weeks for HP
to deliver), and was wondering whether it comes with software for NW4.1
to allow users to receive status feedback from the printer.
The printer will be directly connected to an LPT port on the server.

If not, is a NLM available from Novell?

Frank
--
"It's justice, Jim, but not as we know it."

Post by Ethan Butterfie » Mon, 16 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: I'm finally getting a LJ 5MP this week (after waiting five weeks for HP
: to deliver), and was wondering whether it comes with software for NW4.1
: to allow users to receive status feedback from the printer.
: The printer will be directly connected to an LPT port on the server.

I have found the JetAdmin and JetPrint utilities that come bundled with
HP's JetDirect printer network card to be very easy to configure, and
very reliable, printer-wise. (The programs do seem to be a little buggy
in Windows, though, and crash every so often.) However, I do not know if
the JetDirect card is yet available for the 5MP printewr.

1. HP 5MP on Novell 4.1 for PC & Mac

Hi there,

I have a HP 5MP laserprinter that I want to share between Mac users & PC
users on a Novell 4.1 netowork (w/appletalk router).  The HP 5MP is a PCL5
& Postscript printer.  Mac users have no trouble printing to the printer.
However when PC users tried to print to the printer it prints out a banner
saying something about wrong postscript command error.  Any suggestions is
greatly appreciated.

2. Shareware Solutions II

3. Strange problem: while connected to remote site, WS can't ping remote server

4. I was a month away from working on CRASH!

5. Win2K Server loses Internet access when connected to remote Win2K Server via VPN

6. Date Fields, ASP, SQL Server Compatibilities Resolved...Kind-Of!

7. FA: AMI MegaRAC Remote Server Management Card-NEW

8. installer reboot won't pass security logon banner

9. Remote Server Management

10. Connecting to a serial port on cisco 2xxx from HP server

11. netware connect - remote node vs. remote control?

12. Connecting a 3Com Remote 511 to Internet and remote LAN

13. Connecting to remote servers