Netware Connect 2 Dial-In (Remote Node) - Why No Login F Drive ?

Netware Connect 2 Dial-In (Remote Node) - Why No Login F Drive ?

Post by Chris Howel » Tue, 20 May 1997 04:00:00

We're using Novell 3.12 with Netware Connect 2.  We are unable to
successfully configure the NWC2 server for a remote node connection
using dosdial.

After dosdial has made the connection to the server we then close down
the dosdial program and execute the IPXODI & VLM commands to complete
the dialin process.

The remote PC then hangs at the point where we should normally expect to
see the "attached to server REMOTE" prompt.

Regarding configuration of the NWC parameters, we have set up PPPRNS for
IPX only (no IPX address has been set) and TCP/IP is not used.

Should there be an IPX binding process somehow specified in NET.CFG that
we are unaware of ?

I've provided the necessary configuration files for investigation.

PROMPT $p$g
SET PATH=C:\NWCLIENT\;C:\DOS;c:\net\bin
SET TEMP=C:\DOS
KEYB UK,,C:\DOS\KEYBOARD.SYS

**End**

**CONFIG.SYS**
device=c:\dos\himem.sys
device=c:\dos\emm386.exe 992 ram
DOS=HIGH,umb
country=044,,c:\dos\country.sys
files=50
lastdrive=z
**End**

**AUTOEXEC.NCF**
file server name REMOTE
ipx internal net 200
load 3C5X9 port=300 int=a frame=ethernet_802.2
bind IPX to 3C5X9 net=B0001
load 3C5X9 port=300 int=a frame=ethernet_802.3
bind IPX to 3C5X9 [port=300 int=a frame=ethernet_802.3 ] net=D0002

load after311
load cdrom
cd rename /d=8 newcd
cd mount newcd /r
load monitor

load remote *********
load rspx

LOAD AIOCOMX
LOAD NWCCON
**End**

SET NWLANGUAGE=ENGLISH
LH C:\NWCLIENT\LSL.COM /C=C:\NWCLIENT\net.cfg
lh C:\NWCLIENT\nesl.com
LH C:\NWCLIENT\NCOMX.COM
lh C:\NWCLIENT\nwremote.com
**End**

**NET.CFG**
Protocol TCPIP
   PATH TCP_CFG C:\NET\TCP

Link Support
   MemPool 6192
   Buffers 10 1580

Link Driver NCOMX
   Port 2f8
   Int 3
   Modem Name USRobotics Sportster 28800
   Modem Init String AT S0=1

Netware dos requester
   First network drive=F
   Show dots=ON
   Netware Protocol = BIND NDS

Preferred server=REMOTE
**End**

Thanks in advance,

Chris Howell                   On Line Design & Engineering Ltd
(I.T. Support)                 Pelham Road, Immingham.  NE Lincs.
                               Tel. (01469) 577695
                               Fax. (01469) 578216

1. netware connect - remote node vs. remote control?

I'm new to the world of Netware Connect so I someone could answer a
complex question simply I would appreciate it.  Connect was configured
in my office to use Stac's Reachout for Remote Control connections.  In
working with dialup users I have seen the draw backs of this type of
service - the main one being accessing the local client hard drive when
connected, file transfer has to be used.  Has anybody worked with both
types of connections and what are your opinions of both - pros/cons?

2. SID importance

3. NetWare Connect 2.0 problem with remote node

4. AdeptxBBS BETA Release and FIDO

5. Remote Node and drive MAPpings

6. Database Implementation Document

7. Cant map network drive on 3.12 server w/ win95 using dial-up networking and netware connect?

8. Windows 2000 network very slow

9. Continuous dialing to remote node

10. PPTP - connect a remote LAN, or only one node?

11. how to connect remote synch node to ethernet?

12. 2509 and NetWare remote nodes

13. ? remote control via remote node