Mac & PC Novell remote access solutions?

Mac & PC Novell remote access solutions?

Post by Yung-I C » Mon, 11 Sep 1995 04:00:00

We have a Novell 3.12 network with 8 Mac's and 1 PC.  The home remote systems
consists of 3 PC's and 3 Mac's.

1. What's the BEST remote access solution for mixing PC's & Mac's?
2. Can the remote PC call and "remote control" a Mac?

Anybody would like to share their experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

+-----------------Yung-I Chu, CNE -------------------+
* LAN Solutions - Novell Service & Support
* WWW: http://www.aimnet.com/~yungi/

* Phone: (415) 579-1004   (415) 343-5617 FAX

1. VPN/Remote Access solution with Cisco 1720 and Novell 4.11 network

Hello all,

I was just recently hired by an accounting firm to revamp their
network and bring them into the 21st century. They are running a
Novell 4.11 network with no remote access, except for a PCAnywhere
dialup solution that really slow.

I am familiar with Microsoft products only, and my router knowledge is
limited, as usually they have just served as a bridgehead between the
WAN and a WIN2K server.

The firm just switched internet services a few days ago, and a
fractional T1 was implemented, with a Cisco 1720 router providing
internet access and DHCP services.

Can anyone recommend a cheap remote access solution? I've read a lot
of hypothetical ideas in the groups, but I'm looking for something
that is verifiable and reliable.

Thanks for any advice or knowledge on this subject. This is a huge
grey area for me and I could use as much information as possible.

Steve Rosenfelt

2. has anyone run 8260 with MMU+BAT entries and gotten TLB miss exceptions?

3. Best pc to pc remote networking solution

4. .EXE files run in dos window instead of within Win2K

5. WFW & Remote Access very slow!!! Solutions/Alternatives?

6. Software for setting up printer masks including watermarks

7. HP 5MP on Novell 4.1 for PC & Mac

8. Installing SBS2000

9. Connecting Windows NT & Mac by Remote Access

10. Novell & QuickMail remote access?

11. Accessing Remote PC using another PC!

12. Remote Access Clients VPN Solution?