hardware supported by NW 4.11

Post by Paul Cris » Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Is there a reasonably up-to-date compatability listing for hardware and, if
there is, where can I find it. Novell's website tells you to ask a dealer
(don't wanna)? Specifically I'm interested in NW server support for
removeable harddrives and CD-R/W drives.

hardware supported by NW 4.11

Post by Mike Syke » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

You can use pretty much any hardware you want. NetWare is not that picky.
You might want to select hardware that has the "Novell tested and approved"
label on it.

--

Mike Sykes

"If you need it networked, you need me."

ANTISPAM - Add the words REAL MAIL somewhere in the subject line for me to
receive your e-mail. All messages without this go to the trash can.

>Is there a reasonably up-to-date compatability listing for hardware and, if
>there is, where can I find it. Novell's website tells you to ask a dealer
>(don't wanna)? Specifically I'm interested in NW server support for
>removeable harddrives and CD-R/W drives.

1. NW 4.11 and NW 5 servers in same tree

We're kicking around some upgrade scenarios which would require running with
both versions in the same tree for a period of at least 6 months or so.  Anyone
know of any reason why we shouldn't run both versions at the same time and if
there are any issues we should be aware of?  From what we can tell so far, it's
possible as long as the DS modules are current for both version of the NOS.
Any input would be appreciated.

2. INF file script reference?

3. NW 4.11 to NW 6 Upgrade...

4. Color Management Tab on Printer Properties 2K - XP

5. NW 4.11 to NW 5 Migration

6. The OpenNIC project Root Sync Report Mon Dec 25 05:39:26 EST 2000

7. Installing NW 5 into NW 4.11

8. OO M.Sc. at Napier University, Edinburgh

9. HELP: CNE Update from nw 4.11 to nw 5.

10. Y2K Network Testing - NW 4.11, NW 4.10

11. Advice - how to configure NW 3.12 or NW 4.11 for multiple network cards & load balancing?

12. NW 3.12 to NW 4.11 migration FAQ

13. Backing up NW 3.11 from NW 4.11