Mac Client for NW4.1?

Post by Pau » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I'm considering upgrading to 4.1 from 3.12.  Is there still a Mac client for
4.1 or will the one I already have installed still work? I have about a 50/50
mix of Macs & pc's and need to retain that.

Thanks,

Paul

Mac Client for NW4.1?

Post by Steven L. Hoffm » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>I'm considering upgrading to 4.1 from 3.12.  Is there still a Mac client for
>4.1 or will the one I already have installed still work? I have about a 50/50
>mix of Macs & pc's and need to retain that.

>Thanks,

>Paul

NW 4.11 has a MacIPX client that allows the Macs to communicate with
the server via IPX.  The client software doesn't disable AppleTalk, if
you want the Macs to also act as a small peer-to-peer network.  The
only problem that I've had is using it on G3s running system 8.1.  In
this case, there is a patch on Novell's web site that fixes the
problem.

Steve Hoffman
XenoBiotic Laboratories, Inc.

Mac Client for NW4.1?

Post by Rick Zem » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

|NW 4.11 has a MacIPX client that allows the Macs to communicate with
|the server via IPX.  The client software doesn't disable AppleTalk, if
|you want the Macs to also act as a small peer-to-peer network.  The
|only problem that I've had is using it on G3s running system 8.1.  In
|this case, there is a patch on Novell's web site that fixes the
|problem.

Funny, that they've got posted as new clupd4.bin file...which is the exact
same as clupd3.bin--I checked all of the file dates, versions and sizes.

Wonder what's going on and when we'll get a fully 8.1-compatible client.

Rick Zeman                           In our secret world, we will collide

Will Rogers never met Bill Clinton       What was it we were thinking of?

1. Mac Printing and NW4.11

I have a problem printing from a Mac 7100/66 through an Intranetware
4.11 server.  Every time I print to any of the printers I receive
garbage.  I have placed the printers on stand-alone print servers,
running on remote workstations and even off of the server.  No luck.  I
am running the Mac intranetware client on this machine as well.  I have
tried printing with the Laserwriter 8.0 driver, generic print drivers
and even the drivers specific to the printer, Epson Stylus Photo, and
Brother HL-660.  No luck.  Maybe there is something I am missing.  Do I
have to set up zones on the server?  And if so, how is that done?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2. Easy Receive, shorter

3. NW4.11 & Mac printing

4. Laser 600 dpi vs. 1200 dpi?

5. Backup of NW4.10-Restore on NW4.11

6. SCSI DSR progress

7. NW client 95 doesn't work with NW4.1 new install

8. The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years - July 1992

9. IP only clients with NW4.11/5

10. NT4 / NW4 / FPNW / Client 3.02

11. Win95 clients not keeping capture of network printer NW4.2

12. Pls Help: Client 32* for DOS & diskless WS on NW4.10

13. Point & Print and the NW4.5 client for NT.