Client on Netware 3.2 Server to Connect via WAN to Netware 5 Server

Client on Netware 3.2 Server to Connect via WAN to Netware 5 Server

Post by Ian Cowder » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

OK Here's the scenario

2 Sites,one with Netware 3.2 Server one With Netware 5SBS Server

Sites connected VIA Routers for occasional access of files from the servers

The clients on the Netware 5 end can log into the Netware 3 Server OK

The clients on the Netware 3 Server cannot access or even see the Netware 5
Server

Is this possible?

and if so what could be stopping the Clients on the Netware 3 end from
seeing the Netware 5 Server

NB the protocolis IPX
Netware Client 3.1 SP1 being used on all clients.

Client on Netware 3.2 Server to Connect via WAN to Netware 5 Server

Post by Ken Agres » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:21:23 -0000, "Ian Cowdery"

<snip>

Quote:

>Is this possible?

Sure.  What are you running for routers across your WAN, and how are
they configured?  Are all you IPX network numbers (including the
internal network numbers) unique?

Ken Agress/CNE
Note - While I may reply to direct e-mails, if you really
want an answer, please post to the Newsgroups.

Client on Netware 3.2 Server to Connect via WAN to Netware 5 Server

Post by l.. » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

The Routers 2 Intel 8100 Routerrs ( Latest firmware)
Routers configured for IPX network an IP ( Tried SPX spoofing on and off) NO
FILTERING
the IP is not used on the Servers but enabled for remote Management
The Servers have unique IPX numbers.

I am wondering if the problem is in the client setup.
I have locked down the frame type but this does not help

When I placed a Netware 5 Basic server in the Server 3.2 place
with  the same IPX net number my test terminal could access the other Net 5
server

As soon as the main 3.2 server back, the remote Net 5 server vanished from
net neighb

This is just getting weird.

Any suggestions

Ian C