System font Changes not affecting programs

System font Changes not affecting programs

Post by Scott Coa » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:13:33

My non-microsoft applications are not using the font settings that are
set in the appearance tab.  Actually it is only a few screens, or
parts of screens.  The dropdown menus for Autocad do not display
correctly, but according to the Autodesk website they are supposed to
follow the "menu" font properties.  Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
show a cramped and small font for some dialogue screens.

All fonts were uninstalled from this computer and then reinstalled and
that is when the problems started.  Besides the display properties,
where are fonts controlled.  Do I have to search the registry for the
applications that are not displaying properly?  Any help or ideas?
Thanks.

System font Changes not affecting programs

Post by Andreas H?fel » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:13:46

Quote:> My non-microsoft applications are not using the font settings that are
> set in the appearance tab.  Actually it is only a few screens, or
> parts of screens.  The dropdown menus for Autocad do not display
> correctly, but according to the Autodesk website they are supposed to
> follow the "menu" font properties.  Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
> show a cramped and small font for some dialogue screens.

Check what printer is your default. A simple TTY line printer
will influence your choice of fonts too.

Andreas

System font Changes not affecting programs

Post by Tim Murra » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:30:12

Quote:> Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. show a
> cramped and small font for some dialogue screens.

Most new Adobe software uses a local font installed in the application's
folder. I don't think you can change it ... but I'm not sure.

1. Help!!! How to change system default font

Hi :
Does anyone know how to change the font listed under
"desktop(right click)\Property\Appearence" By program,

for example : change dialog caption font from "Arial" to "Courier"
                    or change messagebox text from "xxxx" to "xxxx"

Thanks
Best Regards
Green Chang

2. The printer doesn't print without his baby...

3. how to change font properties to system?

4. ex

5. How to change system font in Win 98

6. CW for Embedded to Include Sun's Jini Technology

7. Changing Win95 System fonts

8. Appletalk phase 2, disappearing zones & cisco routers

9. Any shareware util that can change system font?

10. Japanese OS/2: You can change system fonts now.

11. Changing fonts from system extensions to a font

12. system heap bit set:not loaded??

13. Type 1 fonts *not* in system folder possible?