ATM for W2k?

Post by Simen Kvaa » Mon, 14 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

What version of ATM Deluxe should I purchase for Windows 2000? Adobes
product information pages doesn't seem to mention it at all.

TIA

Simen Kvaal.

ATM for W2k?

Post by Josh Norto » Mon, 14 Aug 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 12:06:05 +0200, "Simen Kvaal"

>Hi!

>What version of ATM Deluxe should I purchase for Windows 2000? Adobes
>product information pages doesn't seem to mention it at all.

>TIA

ATM Delux version 4.1 works fine with Windows 2000, including OpenType
fonts. Version 4.0 _usually_ works, but won't handle OpenType fonts.

Josh

ATM for W2k?

Post by Mashed_Orang » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

They don't mention it because you don't strictly need ATM for Win2k. The
system supports the use of Type 1 fonts as well as open source ones. Just
install them into the folder the way you do ttf's. You won't have the total
management facilities of ATM of course....

Quote:> Hi!

> What version of ATM Deluxe should I purchase for Windows 2000? Adobes
> product information pages doesn't seem to mention it at all.

> TIA

> Simen Kvaal.

ATM for W2k?

Post by Stephen Gilke » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Version 4.1

Quote:> Hi!

> What version of ATM Deluxe should I purchase for Windows 2000? Adobes
> product information pages doesn't seem to mention it at all.

> TIA

> Simen Kvaal.

ATM for W2k?

Post by Jay K. Thom » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 12:06:05 +0200, "Simen Kvaal"

>Hi!

>What version of ATM Deluxe should I purchase for Windows 2000? Adobes
>product information pages doesn't seem to mention it at all.

My recently-purchased copy of Adobe Type Manager Deluxe 4.1 for
Windows has a yellow "Microsoft Windows 2000 Ready!" sticker on it and
reference to Windows 2000 Professional is made in several places in
the manual.

Heaven help you, though, if you manage to get one of the packages
distributed with an invalid (for the Windows version) serial number.
Despite it being a "known problem" they seem to have no reasonably
expeditious procedure in place for issuing replacement serial numbers.

---
Jay Thomas

1. W2K and Rasterfonts for DOS-Box and Console?

Hi Group,

I've made a lot of bitmap fonts for the Windows DOS-Box and
Console with different codepages.

My state of information was that Windows lists all bitmap
fonts in the DOS-Box font settings independed of the the
font's codepage.
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/dosfon_e.html
A user from Slovakia reported after the installation of
my CP 437 fonts:

------
If I set in regional options -> Set default -> English
then I see new dos fullscreen fonts in shortcut.
If I set in regional options -> Set default -> Slovak
then I don't see new dos fullscreen fonts in shortcut.
------

He has W2K Server.
The only way to detect the codepage of a bitmap font is
the font description string like
'FONTRES 100,96,96:MS-DOS CP 852'. But does Windows really
care about it?

Thanks and Greetings from Germany,

Uwe

2. 68040 Instruction set request (electronic format)

3. Character code 173 problem under W2K

4. Sound blaster 16.

5. Deleted fonts keep reappearing in Fonts folder following reboot (W2K Pro)

6. N: New EPROM for Philips CDD 2600 CD writer !!!

7. How to set in registry default font for appearance in w2k ???

8. new free ActiveX version of Crescendo PLUS MIDI player

9. Looking for Hoefler for W2K

10. Use W2K font in W98

11. MM fonts under NT5 (w2k)

12. Question about ATM 4.0 - ATM.gif (01/01)

13. Difference between ATM and ATM deluxe?