Where to find Metaplus and Gill Sans

Post by Adrian Gimp » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me where on the net I will be able to find and
purchase the fonts Metaplus and Gill Sans (PC true type)?

Adrian G.

Post by Charles Hedri » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>Can anyone tell me where on the net I will be able to find and
>purchase the fonts Metaplus and Gill Sans (PC true type)?

Metaplus may be a problem.  It's a Fontfont.  As far as I know they
are only Type 1.  But I've never seriously tried to get any of their
fonts it in TTF, so I could be wrong.  www.fontshop.com gives a list
of dealers.  Try calling a nearby one (presumably Fontshop Australia).

www.linotypelibrary.com has Gill Sans in Truetype.  You could also
look for the Bitstream collection, which comes with many Corel and
Wordperfect products.  It has a clone of Gill Sans.  My copy has both
TTF and Type 1.

Where to find Metaplus and Gill Sans

Post by Charles Hedri » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>Metaplus may be a problem.  It's a Fontfont.  As far as I know they
>are only Type 1.  But I've never seriously tried to get any of their
>fonts it in TTF, so I could be wrong.  www.fontshop.com gives a list
>of dealers.  Try calling a nearby one (presumably Fontshop Australia).

I just got a different font from the same collection.  It arrived as
TTF by accident.  So it appears that they can deliver FontFonts in TTF
format.  If the example I got (Clifford) is typical, I strongly
recommend installing ATM and using the Type 1 version.

1. Where can I find Gill Sans?

I used to have a family of fonts on my computer called Gill Sans (Gill Sans
MT, Condensed, Ultra Bold, etc.).  Unfortunately, after I reinstalled my
system, I haven't got them back.  They must have been included with some
software, but I haven't been able to locate them again.
Does anyone know where I can find this font?  It's one of my favourite fonts
and I would like to carry on using it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Clearing Incorrect password from "Publish..."

3. Looking for Gil Sans / Gill Sans

4. Problems with VMS SET PASSWORD

5. REQ: Gill Sans + variants for Windows

6. About embeded and attachment in notes client

7. gill sans extra bold

8. defn for \thebibliography in slides style?

9. Opinions: Michael Gills' Charlotte Sans

10. Gill Sans Light Wanted

11. Surrogate for Rockwell + Gill Sans

12. Gill Sans Thin; Who can help me??

13. seeking Gill Sans