how do you make a square root symbol on a Mac?

how do you make a square root symbol on a Mac?

Post by Lynan » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:31:44

I'm typesetting a book in Quark and need some math symbols... can't
find the correct font and character to use to make a square root
symbol. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Lynanne

Post by Andreas Prilo » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:41:51

> I'm typesetting a book in Quark and need some math symbols... can't
> find the correct font and character to use to make a square root
> symbol.

Character 195 in ordinary MacRoman fonts.

--
Top posting.
What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

Post by David Opsta » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:04:00

> I'm typesetting a book in Quark and need some math symbols... can't
> find the correct font and character to use to make a square root
> symbol. Can anyone help me?

Option-v is the one you want.

Dave

Post by <pstanbri.. » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:10:13

> I'm typesetting a book in Quark and need some math symbols... can't
> find the correct font and character to use to make a square root
> symbol. Can anyone help me?

> Thanks,
> Lynanne

Option v
Option / in Symbol font

1. Is there a free type1 font with a square root ?

I know Linotype european pi 2 has several square roots in it.
But are there free type 1 font with that glyph ?
(Symbol hasn't a complete square root glyph, but something that has to
be completed with an horizontal line)

2. TAPI 32 Browser

3. Square Dance Symbols -- Adding Symbols to a True Type font

4. Utopos 1.x ????

5. male/female symbol Mac/DOS

6. SBS 4.5 Exchange Server Question

7. Spaces turn to squares in font converted Mac => Win

8. Cameron Silver

9. Fonts for musical notes & symbols? (DOS/Windows)

10. Making Mac TTF fonts embeddable.

11. Making fonts on the Mac

12. Mac fonts made on PC??