Wanted: Summary of Public Domain Type 1 fonts

Wanted: Summary of Public Domain Type 1 fonts

Post by Warren Toom » Thu, 11 Jun 1992 13:47:13

This is probably a FAQ, so if you want to flame me, at least throw the FAQ
at me too :-)

I've been looking through the ftp archives for Type 1 font files. My question
is: Does anyone have a list of specifically public domain Type 1 fonts.
Likewise for specifically copyrighted Type 1 fonts. I want to make sure
what I download is legal.

Secondly, pointers to a Bold and Italic version of Garamond-Normal would
be a godsend.

Finally, what about converters to/from TrueType <--> Type 1. Do they
exist? Is this possible at all? Any public domain ones and where?!

Thanks all for your patience.   Email responses, I'll summarise.

  Warren Toomey VK1XWT, on the path to insanity
  No longer in the bowels of ADFA Comp Science.
   `Version 7 Job Control: just use ptrace(2).'