@font-face and Download of fonts

Post by Soxo » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:58:43

Thanks!
Fip

@font-face and Download of fonts

Post by RSD9 » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:18:53

No.

(CSS) tag? ..."

It doesn't work that way.

Post by Robot Butle » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:07:19

> Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the

> Thanks!
> Fip

You must convert TTF to EOT; Google for Microsoft WEFT to learn more.
Only works with MSIE and buggy at that.

RB

Post by Lambert Dickmei » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:35:54

> > Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the

> You must convert TTF to EOT; Google for Microsoft WEFT to learn more.
> Only works with MSIE and buggy at that.

FWIW, it doesn't work with MSIE for Macintosh either.
--
Lambert*meis

1. Downloading TTF to PCL5 printer -- how to select the font you've downloaded?

Hello all...

I've been looking at the PCL5 Tech Ref Manual, trying to work out how
to download a TTF font (NOT convert to bitmap font, but download as a
scalable font) and use it in PCL5.  It's pretty clear the format to
use for setting the printer to receive the font and sending the font
itself, but what is not really clear is exactly HOW to address the
font when we are ready to use it?

We do downloading of bitmap fonts already, and when we are ready to
use the downloaded bitmap font, we use the font id already embedded in
the font itself to select it for use.

TrueType fonts don't normally have this information -- the PCLT table
is normally unused.  How do I select this font for use in PCL?  Do I:

1) Use the font # i used for download in the "ESC*c#ID" command?

2) Do I use the data I placed in the Font Number field from the Format
15 font header used in the TTF font download?

3) Is there some other data in the TTF data that I use to select the
font?

Please respond to my email address, as I do not check this group
regularly.

Rich Stephens
Optio Software, Inc.

2. Can't install AD

3. Font problem in W98 using any Bold on a face

4. DESKTOP.INF question

5. wanted Baskerville Old Face, italic

6. How to draw various rectangulars

7. What is a good sans serif to match Bodoni Old Face?

8. Problems with GUIDE

9. collecting book face examples

10. Baskerville Old Face

11. Help: Looking for bodoni old face font

12. HELP: Looking to identify a font face from a Web site

13. Escape Code To Change Type Face On a HP Deskjet