Windows Fonts Problem

Post by Dietrich Driche » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:01:25

Hi

Im runnung win98se

after installing some new fonts i see only small boxes instead of letters on
some websites and applications.
especially mathematica doesnt look really good because it doesnt draw any
mathematical or greek or whatever symbols anymore.
perhaps it could help to reintall standard windows fonts? but how?

thanks in advance

Windows Fonts Problem

Post by Mitche » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:05:30

Quote:> Im runnung win98se

> after installing some new fonts i see only small boxes instead of letters on
> some websites and applications.
> especially mathematica doesnt look really good because it doesnt draw any
> mathematical or greek or whatever symbols anymore.
> perhaps it could help to reintall standard windows fonts? but how?

The small square means the web site is using characters that are not
present in the font you are currently using to view web pages, or they got
corrupted somehow.

You mention "installing some new fonts". Have you done so manually, or have
you let a program do it for you ? Some install programs may have modified
your Internet settings.

Another route is to try and set a folder where you copy Mathematica to save
it, then remove it from the Fonts folder, and reinstall it. It may just do
the trick and reinstall it properly.

--
Mitchell
http://www.FontMenu.com

x--   100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
x--   3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
x--   Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
x--   UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

1. Windows font problem

After replacing a faulty hard drive on my laptop, all of my Office 97
and Word2000 applications give me only 2 fonts to choose from.  The
Fonts folder is where is should be and has all fonts listed.
Upgrading to Windows 98 and re-installing Office did not help. I also
did a scandisk on my new hard drive to make sure it was ok.  There
were some bad sectors but even after fixing and re-installing, the
problem persists.  Any suggestions?????

Jeff Pentecost

2. Changing Admin password

3. windows fonts problem

4. Simple Question on MAT file

5. Windows Font problems!!!

6. Mysterious Windows Font Problem?

7. Possible windows font problems COREL + Ventura

8. Adobe Font Problems on Windows 98 and Excel

9. a windows 98 problem help please.

10. Problem with Window XP Font Management