"Highway" fonts wanted

Post by Chris Campbe » Thu, 04 Jul 1991 20:25:03

I am looking for (preferably) Type 1 fonts of the standard lettering
used on road signs.  I have seen it referred to as "Highway" or
"Highway Gothic", followed by a letter (B,C,D,E) indicating the
character width, with B being the narrowest.
Can anyone point me to a font supplier that might carry this series,
or that could create it for not-too-much-money?  Thanks!

"Highway" fonts wanted

Post by Jonathan Brech » Mon, 08 Jul 1991 03:34:49

>I am looking for (preferably) Type 1 fonts of the standard lettering
>used on road signs.  I have seen it referred to as "Highway" or
>"Highway Gothic", followed by a letter (B,C,D,E) indicating the
>character width, with B being the narrowest.
>Can anyone point me to a font supplier that might carry this series,
>or that could create it for not-too-much-money?  Thanks!

Page Studio makes a version of this font for the Mac, at $145 list for the set
of B,C,D,E and E(M).  I don't know how to contact them, but Precision Type
1-800-248-FONT carries Page Studio fonts.  The package can be bought from them
for $130.50 (plus s+h).
                                        jonathan brecher

DISCLAIMER: I have no relation with nor have I bought anything from either Page
Studio or Precision Type.  I merely receive the Precision Type catalog because
it has neat info like this.