Display problem - anti aliasing doesn't work

Display problem - anti aliasing doesn't work

Post by Rainer Redroe » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have a problem with the monitor-display (not with the print!) of one
particular ttf-font (Frutiger) that I use on my machine (Win98, 64 MB
RAM, Microsoft Word 2000, Adobe Type Manager, currently Font Cache at
416 KB).

As I write within Word, the display of the letters changes from no
alising to aliasing almost every two or three words I type.

Any help?

Display problem - anti aliasing doesn't work

Post by Jukka Aalt » Mon, 13 Sep 1999 04:00:00

All I can think of is to check that you have latest drivers for your video
card.

On the other hand it well may be caused by Word. I've had my share of odd
behavior with Office 2000.

Jukka

Quote:> I have a problem with the monitor-display (not with the print!) of one
> particular ttf-font (Frutiger) that I use on my machine (Win98, 64 MB
> RAM, Microsoft Word 2000, Adobe Type Manager, currently Font Cache at
> 416 KB).

> As I write within Word, the display of the letters changes from no
> alising to aliasing almost every two or three words I type.

> Any help?

1. Additional 'Raster Fonts' for WinNT console doesn't work sometimes

Some years ago I've started to create bitmap fonts for
DOS-Boxes and console windows of Windows. They work fine
on all computers and versions of Windows I've ever tested
it on.

Since I offer them (http://www.uwe-sieber.de/dosfon_e.html)
I get sporadic reports that the new font sizes arn't listed
in the font settings of DOS-Boxes and console windows of
Windows NT4, 2000 and XP even the fonts are installed
correctely. I've never got reports about problems with
Windows 9x/ME.

So far I've not been able to reproduce it and I've no idea
what's wrong here.

Any idea what could be the reason?

Thanks and Greetings from Germany

Uwe

2. Installing with /nodomainadmin in Active Directory domain

3. Anti-anti-aliasing

4. post board messages disappeared

5. Alias and anti-aliasing??

6. nicknames with cc's?

7. JottFLF doesn't work with Windows XP

8. Brother MFC9600 MFC 9600 HELP!

9. Trying to make a bitmap font| tutorial doesn't work

10. times.sty works, palatino.sty doesn't

11. Officina Bold Italic needed - ITC online store doesn't work!

12. Font created with "Font Creator Program" doesn't work in NT: Help!

13. TTF Font doesn't work on NT (only)