need to make a bold version of font using FontLab

need to make a bold version of font using FontLab

Post by Studio Smalbr » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:48:46

I am a total newbie in the world fonts creation. Nevertheless I need to make
a bold - or at least darker - version of a font. I have FontLab to use. Is
there a way to quickly accomplish this task ?
Kind regards
Bj?rn

need to make a bold version of font using FontLab

Post by Robot Butle » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 05:19:44

Quote:> I am a total newbie in the world fonts creation. Nevertheless I need
> to make a bold - or at least darker - version of a font. I have
> FontLab to use. Is there a way to quickly accomplish this task ?
> Kind regards
> Bj?rn

The quick and dirty method: Tools, Transform, Effects, Bold.

Then, if you've got the time, carefully examine the outlines of each
glyph with the Audit layer turned on, and fix any quirks.

RB

need to make a bold version of font using FontLab

Post by Studio Smalbr » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 06:33:30

Quick and dirty is good! That was absolutely great! Thanks for the help!
Kind regards
Bj?rn

> > I am a total newbie in the world fonts creation. Nevertheless I need
> > to make a bold - or at least darker - version of a font. I have
> > FontLab to use. Is there a way to quickly accomplish this task ?
> > Kind regards
> > Bj?rn

> The quick and dirty method: Tools, Transform, Effects, Bold.

> Then, if you've got the time, carefully examine the outlines of each
> glyph with the Audit layer turned on, and fix any quirks.

> RB

1. Making a bold version of a type1 font

I have a shareware type1 font and I would like to create a bold version.
I beleive I can do this with something like Fontographer, but I don't want
to spend that kind of money for a one-off job.

Does anyone know of any free (or cheap) software that can do this?

Would anybody be willing to do it for me, if I mail them the font?

Many thanks

        Paul

--

LFCS,  Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK
<http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~paul/> (PGP Key)       Fax: (+44) (0)131-650-5193

2. Cluster freezes

3. Underlining Times Roman using bold but without BOLD underline

4. MSDN Subsriber

5. Help: need bold & italic versions of Palatino!

6. custom.el problem

7. Need MAC version of Brittanic Bold

8. Ethernet hardware

9. where can find FontLab software demo version

10. A wish list for Fontlab new version

11. Wanted buying used fontlab

12. WTB: Used copy of Fontlab, Fontographer or TypeTool

13. Does any one know how to created Sun UNIX font using FOG4.1 or FontLab 2.5