Problem with hebrew font

Post by AutoSoftwar » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi to all,
i have a problem with Hebrew font.
I am decoding the internal structure of the file to get all tle gliphs
to convert them into arcs and lines.
The problem i have is that hebrew symbols are mapped as codes 2xx in the
codepage, but the same characters are mapped as 14xx internally in the
font.
How i can translate the number

Thanks in advance for your help.
  Paride Dominici

P.S.: I'm working on a windows PC

Problem with hebrew font

Post by Andreas Pril » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> The problem i have is that hebrew symbols are mapped as codes 2xx in the
> codepage, but the same characters are mapped as 14xx internally in the
> font.
> How i can translate the number

You can find the mapping table at
<ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP1255.TXT>.

--
Change "invalid" [RFC 2606] to "de" in e-mail address.

Problem with hebrew font

Post by AutoSoftwar » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is there a window function or a map into the fonts that can give me the
same think for every font i am examinating.
And where i can find into the font the codepage to use with that font ?

        Thanks again
          Paride Dominici

> > The problem i have is that hebrew symbols are mapped as codes 2xx in the
> > codepage, but the same characters are mapped as 14xx internally in the
> > font.
> > How i can translate the number

> You can find the mapping table at
> <ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP1255.TXT>.

> --
> Change "invalid" [RFC 2606] to "de" in e-mail address.

1. WinGreek1.9 - problem with Macro for Hebrew

Hi,

The fontpackage WinGreek1.9 contains Greek, Coptic and Hebrew TrueType and
ATM-fonts. I use (mainly) the Greek and Hebrew fonts with Windows 3.1 and
WordPerfect for Windows 5.2. However, I encountered a problem with the macro
for WP that is intended to melt the Hebrew consonants and vocals together.
It stops saying that is has not found the string `Chapter' and stops
completely. Does anyone know a solution to this problem (which does
not require me to switch to Word for Windows)? BTW, in Word for Windows
there seems - according to the information-files in the package - to be a
much easier way to melt two Hebrew characters together: after typing you
simply press `F7' and the macro does its work. Wouldn't such a macro for
WPWIN be a better solution? Unfortunately, I don't know how to write macros
in WPWIN and am not very good at it. So, if someone has a good solution, I
would be glad to hear it. Thanks in advance,

Anko.

J.K. (Anko) Wiegel    Institute for German/Germanistisches Institut

tel. +31 50 635623                          P.O.Box 716, NL-9700 AS
fax. +31 50 634900                       Groningen, The Netherlands

2. 24 bit OpalVision frame buffer & SW for $169 delivered

3. Hebrew font problem on Mac

4. Deleted a user profile

5. Hebrew fonts problem in windows xp

6. Create a database on a frontpage server

7. HEBREW: How do I configure an X-window to show Hebrew characters?

8. Crystal Reports - NULL Date Parameter

9. weird problem with Arial problem

10. I need a Hebrew Handwrite Font for Word XP

11. need font solution to read Hebrew on websites

12. REQ Hebrew font

13. Suggestions for Hebrew typeface.