Win XP Font?

Post by Slawek B » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:48:32

Good Day everyone,

I started working on a web site a few months back, and successfull managed
to lose the font names I used.  Since I have downgraded from XP to Win98
(long story), and can't find the font in my library (800 fonts).  Can
anyone help identify the font used for the menu items under the logo
(captions: business writing programs, consulting, personal growth topics,
and conferences/meetings)

http://www.bytechcanada.net/eclectic/july7/menufont.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks folks!

Slawek

--
Bytech IT Solutions
http://www.bytechcanada.net

Win XP Font?

Post by Lars Trebin » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:07:51

> Can
> anyone help identify the font used for the menu items under the logo
> (captions: business writing programs, consulting, personal growth topics,
> and conferences/meetings)

> http://www.bytechcanada.net/eclectic/july7/menufont.jpg

Looks like Microsoft Sans Serif (the OpenType version which comes with
Windows 2000 and newer versions). I guess it will be difficult if not
impossible to use it on Windows 98.

--

Win XP Font?

Post by Slawek B » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:31:03

>> http://www.bytechcanada.net/eclectic/july7/menufont.jpg

> Looks like Microsoft Sans Serif (the OpenType version which comes with
> Windows 2000 and newer versions). I guess it will be difficult if not
> impossible to use it on Windows 98.

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your post.  Someone in another newsgroup suggested Trebuchet,
which looks very similar (the only difference I found was in the character
"s").  I will see if this font matches the S char. better... thank you very
much for your help!

Slawek

--
Bytech IT Solutions
http://www.bytechcanada.net

Win XP Font?

Post by Lars Trebin » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:47:51

> Someone in another newsgroup suggested Trebuchet, which looks very
> similar (the only difference I found was in the character "s").

There are quite a few more important differences, especially in the "e",
"g", "a", "c", and "l" characters.

--

Win XP Font?

Post by Slawek B » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:59:26

>> Someone in another newsgroup suggested Trebuchet, which looks very
>> similar (the only difference I found was in the character "s").

> There are quite a few more important differences, especially in the "e",
> "g", "a", "c", and "l" characters.

Guess I will have to have a second, closer look. :)  After going through
many fonts I was just happy to find anything even close. Now I can look at
it with a cool head!  Thanks.

Slawek

--
Bytech IT Solutions
http://www.bytechcanada.net

Win XP Font?

Post by Nave » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:31:45

I'm not 100% certain, but here goes:

The main text and left menu font looks like Verdana.
The top menu is Arial.
The Title/heading looks like regular Times News Roman.

Hope this helps.

> Good Day everyone,

> I started working on a web site a few months back, and successfull managed
> to lose the font names I used.  Since I have downgraded from XP to Win98
> (long story), and can't find the font in my library (800 fonts).  Can
> anyone help identify the font used for the menu items under the logo
> (captions: business writing programs, consulting, personal growth topics,
> and conferences/meetings)

> http://www.bytechcanada.net/eclectic/july7/menufont.jpg

> Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks folks!

> Slawek

Win XP Font?

Post by Lars Trebin » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:34:40

> I'm not 100% certain, but here goes:

> The main text and left menu font looks like Verdana.

It is, but that's not what "Slawek B." wanted to know.

Quote:> The top menu is Arial.

It is not.

Quote:> The Title/heading looks like regular Times News Roman.

It is, but that's not what "Slawek B." wanted to know.

--

1. A good Win 2k/XP Font Manager??

Hello,

I'm looking for a decent font manager for Windows 2000/XP, preferably
a free one.  I've tried about 20 different ones, but there have been
some problems with all of them.  Basically I'm looking for one that
has the following features:

1) Install/uninstall support (where install just created a shortcut in
the system Fonts folder, not copy the font there).
2) Ability to print a sample of a group of fonts
3) Instant preview, with ability to change sample string

So far "Font Thing" is very nice, but on Windows 2000 it locks up when
I try to install fonts, plus it looks like it attempts to copy the
font to the system Fonts folder, and not create a shortcut.

Thank you very much for all feedback!!!
--
Chris

2. How to write a math equation like this?

3. enabling CE fonts in Quark under win XP

4. I just got an Indy R5K, but ...

5. Fonts are too thin in Word 2002 (XP) in Windows XP

6. Problems with From lines

7. Converting WIN-Fonts into MAC-Fonts with Win-FONTOGRAPHER ??

8. Dual boot win95/win2k?

9. Font API-calls for WIN 3.1 and WIN 95 ?????

10. Why won't my old MS-Win apps recognize symbol fonts?

11. ATM 3.0 for Win under OS/2's Win-OS2?

12. Type 1 (.PFB) font files and Windows XP

13. Keyboard mapper for XP, any?